Announcement My first bridal bouquet!

lil_goldie

Apr 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
www.pizazzfloralsandballoons.com
State / Prov
Ontario
I'm pleased to announce that I completed my first bridal bouquet today.

I should preface by saying that I don't consult weddings because I'm not a seasoned designer.
(weirdly enough, I find casket sprays, and other big pieces much easier to do than everyday $30 stuff....)
This was a bride who walked in monday night and needed a bouquet for this weekend.
she saw a bouquet on our website and couldn't spend more than $100.
What she ended up with was 12 vendella roses in a bouquet holder (she wanted the holder i guess!), no filler, just greens.

I used a standard lomey bouquet holder, the 12 roses, and filled in with Israeli ruscus.

I used oasis floral adhesive and glue everything in and then i finished it with some flora-lock.
I sprayed on Finishing touch
I wrapped the handle with ribbon and glued ruscus leaves around the backing to cover the holder.

All in all, I think it was pretty good. It was nothing fancy like you guys do, but I'm definitely on my way!

Any suggestions or comments on anything I might have missed or done differently?

I know, I'm so stupid.
I forgot to take a picture.
I've got to head in tomorrow, I will do it and post it then
Nothing fancy really, just roses
(I guess I'm just proud of myself)

It's good to be proud of your accomplishments!
But I still wanna see a pic!

The first bridal bouquet I ever made was for my own wedding over 30 years ago! I was proud of my self, too. It was a cascade, white roses and freesia. Styles have changed but I still think it looks pretty good for a first time when I look at the old pictures. Keep up the good work and take pictures!

WOOOOHOOO!! Great job,there will be many more to come!

The first bridal bouq. I did was a cascade of white roses, approximately 24. This was 20years ago. The customer brought me a picture of the bouq. We still laugh at that bouq especially now, a lot of practice helps. That bouq. was larger than the bride, she was a very small bride. The bouq was approximately 2 feet long and over a foot wide with the roses and greenery. We still laugh about that bouq. I would love to see the bouq that you made, I bet it was beautiful.

Congrats!!!!
Always have a camera handy!!!

Way to go! I too want to see pics..

How do y'all remember the first bridal bouquet you did - I guess mine either REALLY sucked.. or my memory just really sucks! Either way... I don't remember..

Reactions: 1 person
I remember my first wedding. I won't tell you when it was but I bet you can guess!

The bridal bouquet was white roses and bb in the slanted bouquet holder with the lace collar. Also had pearl strands draping down the cascade with lace ribbon pieces throughout.

The attendant arrangements were on lace fans, each of them had white cushion poms that were sprayed painted. One attendant had teal, another lavender, etc. etc. you get the picture!

Oh geez! lace fans! Hello 1985!
I grew up in the 80's. I graduated high school in 1989. Most of my crew is under 28 years old. We were talking the other day about all the 80's stuff that is coming back. I told them the one thing I hope doesn't come back more than anything are those gross lace fans! They could not wrap their minds around the concept. But they were certain it was horrible!

Congrats on your first....My first memorable wedding was also a rainbow wedding, colonial nosegays of mini carns, spider spray mums and daisies, in tints of pink, teal, lemon yellow, peach and lavender....complete with lace doily....centerpieces were all those colors mixed in a weeluv bowl(tiny a$$ centerpiece bowls popular in the 80's)...with 16 poms and greenery and bb, $5.00 each....Bride had a cascade of white roses, I didn't get to do that one....wedding probably was 300.00 total...but was considered a big job, boy how times have changed...

Way to go! I too want to see pics..

How do y'all remember the first bridal bouquet you did - I guess mine either REALLY sucked.. or my memory just really sucks! Either way... I don't remember..

too funny, I just found the photos last week after cleaning out a storage unit. I was 20, and it was a friend's. Leather, Minicarns, Daisies, roses, gyp - oy. I'll try and scan a pic later, because I'm sure Goldie's first was WAY better than mine!

:)

...Leather, Minicarns, Daisies, roses, gyp - oy.

Oh my Tracy...you have come a long way baby! :rofl:

I hate to say it but my first is still what I do today! Blue, blue and more blue hydrangeas. :wide:

I can remember though...my florist who did my wedding 20 years ago talked me into ceramic kissing cherubs perched smack-dab in the middle of each centerpiece. The flowers were beautiful but what was I thinking with the cherub..

I'll see if I can take a digital photo of my picture of those lovely bouquets and post it. I laugh every time I go through them!

It was really cutting edge at the time!!!!!!!!!!

Oh geez! lace fans! Hello 1985!
I grew up in the 80's. I graduated high school in 1989. Most of my crew is under 28 years old. We were talking the other day about all the 80's stuff that is coming back. I told them the one thing I hope doesn't come back more than anything are those gross lace fans! They could not wrap their minds around the concept. But they were certain it was horrible!

I don't even remember those styles... I graduated in 1991 - so my memory of those hidious things are long gone! Thanks be to God!

Had a mom bring in one of those fans a couple of years back, she had done the flowers on it herself, absolutely horrid, but she was so proud of it wanted us to make it perfect by adding a big bow on the bottom. All I could do to keep from throwing up. I would have felt sorry for the daughter, but she probably didn't know any better either, mom was taking it to her.

I hope I can get my photos loaded here. If you can see them, the fans all have white but also each has a different accent color. One is a teal/ice blue, one is a bright pink, etc.

Attachments

• 2009_1109Image0020.JPG
    2009_1109Image0020.JPG
    691.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 2009_1109Image0021.JPG
    2009_1109Image0021.JPG
    672.8 KB · Views: 35