Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigted

Feb 4, 2006
Anaheim
www.vissersflowers.com
State / Prov
CA
Ok, this may not go over well, but what about if we just skip the new user intros? We seemed to have reached a critical mass where there are so many that who knows who is signing up. I can just picture Victoria and Mlou going home at night with their fingers too cramped up to drink a glass of vino from trying to keep up.

I understand and support the concept of "real florists only" but maybe it's time to admit that we're too big for that.

Reactions: lori042499
I gave up long ago....I think you may be right..

I agree since pretty much everyone is approved anyway. We'll never agree on what criteria we require. Might as well open the gates and just remove any troublemakers (except me).

:>

Just for accuracy's sake, 9 of 10 applicants are approved.

Within the past couple of weeks we've declined a few spammers, some home crafters / hobbyists, 1-2 wannabe internet OGs and a known troublemaker.

Hmmm...I've got to think about this a minute...

I think that we are going to lose valued contributions by the professional florists if every tom, dick and harry is allowed in.
Frankly, I don't want to talk business with a bunch of hobbiest.
I have not participated in the 'fielding' process because I thought you needed to be a senior member. But if you need help, I'm available.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmmm...I've got to think about this a minute...

I think that we are going to lose valued contributions by the professional florists if every tom, dick and harry is allowed in.
Frankly, I don't want to talk business with a bunch of hobbiest.
I have not participated in the 'fielding' process because I thought you needed to be a senior member. But if you need help, I'm available.
Too funny ... you're just shy of 800 posts :)

There is no "senior member" requirement - but if there was, you would qualify!

Ryan

Ouch...you just stepped on my toe! ;)

Agrree we still need to watch the floodgates, for the reasons Katie mentioned.

by the way

There is no "senior member" requirement - but if there was, you would qualify!
I think Ryan just said you're old, in a very polite Canadian kind of way. lol

carry on.

Reactions: ivygreen
I believe we still need to be vigilant. If they want to join, they'll join in the intro threads. If they don't respond.....oh well. NOT a member.
No one should vote to accept until questions are answered (as far as I'm concerned).
Yep, you can call me the @@@@@ with the nose in the air...... :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.