Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladstone

Aug 22, 2007
Gladstone
State / Prov
MO
Business: Gladstone Flowers
Location: Gladstone, Missouri (Suburb of Kansas City, MO) Right in the middle of the USA.
Type of Business: Retail Florist
About Me: :newbie
Hi I own Gladstone Flowers in Gladstone Missouri. I have been involved in the floral industry since 1974. I started out as a grunt in a small flower shop. Working in an assortment of shops, for holidays, designer, management then a few years ago owner. (I think sometimes now I'm back to grunt)

Besides playing with flowers I also like to camp, mess with genealogy, work with the special needs population and take up for the underdog.

Another florist I know very well is David L and I chatted with Cheryl Baken the other night. She was very helpful on a project I'm working on.

Hope to visit with more of you soon.
Have a good day,
Gladstone

Reactions: 9 people
My name is Cheryl. My company is Overend Designs, Inc.
I live in Southern California and have had my own floral business since 1986 providing plant and floral services to Associations and Corporate Events (with a wedding thrown in every now and then) traveling all over the United States. I work directly on-site in convention centers and hotels. Usually I bring in freelance designers to work on site, occasionally I will sub out some floral work if I have too many plates spinning and can't handle everything myself...
I am often looking for local growers in the various convention cities that provide a nice full florist quality product, 6" color & foliages, etc. Likewise, occasionally I am looking for designers or just people who don't mind hard work and long hours and can take some directions and go.... For example I have a show in Philadelphia in September that I am currently sourcing.
I often forget to go to this site as when I get the periodic emails there is no direct link to connect....which makes it a little difficult to access and I am not normally a "chatty" person.
However, I certainly don't want to lose my "status". So hopefully this will serve as my introduction...
And of course if anyone knows a good nursery/greenhouse in the Philly area...

Reactions: 2 people
I would love to see some photos of your work. :)

V

Sheesh .. tell us the good stuff :))

I own Gladstone Flowers in Gladstone Missouri. I have been involved in the floral industry since .....

Another florist I know very well is David L

Disclaimer !!!!! She is my cousin by marriage but whatever :))

Involved in floral industry since the dark ages:))

This is the lead florist on the Meola class action here in Missouri.

Vouching needed? I can vouch for her. She is a pretty good designer :)-)), toilet cleaner, driver and all the rest.

Finally convinced her to come here.

regards.

Thanks Tracy ;)

And Karen, Welcome to FlowerChat... (bout time you listened to David ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.