Not open for further replies.

sunshineamy

Mar 16, 2006
Wauconda
State / Prov
Illinois
Business: Sunshine Flowers Inc.
Type of Business: Retail Florist ....Soon to be Home Based
About Me: Hi everyone. My name is Amy. Little more than 5 years ago I was working at the post office when I received a phone call from my mom saying that one of the businesses that she was to liquidate.... she wanted to buy it instead. She told me it was a flower/gift shop and she wanted me to be the manager. After a couple days I agreed and quit my job. She had her hands full being a college professor and the owner of a flower shop. Three years later she asked me if I wanted to buy the store. I told her yes not just because I couldn't see working for someone else.... but also because I wanted the responsibility. I've had the store for over 2 years and love it!
I've known right away that flowers are a luxury item unless they are for a wedding or funeral.... and even then sometimes they still are. With the economy going the way it is...and customers not visiting my store the way they used to... my over-head was getting too high. After several attempts to sell my store and realizing I wouldn't get what I wanted for it... I've decided to do this out of my home. My last day in Wauconda (Illinois) will be April 30. Im excited and open to any advice that anyone might have!
Sincerely,
Amy at Sunshine Flowers
[email protected]

Reactions: 2 people
Amy, are you taking all your equipment with you? Walk-in, display coolers etc. Do you have a place at your home?
I took our shop from our home (where it was located for many years before we bought it) to our downtown business district. The economy being so bad, I am rethinking returning to my home, where my old shop is used as storage now. We would move all our coolers back home, still have a small display area as well as our work area.
Has your home been zoned commercial? Will you retain sales tax numbers and be recognized as a retail florist?

Also, did you take an accreditation courses in floral design?

V

Status
Not open for further replies.