New Teleflora Selection Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Nov 1, 2002
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
Good news for Teleflora members! (Or is it?)

NEW Floral Selection Guide. The new Selection Guide will be in shops beginning in late September, 2003.

So Teleflora shops, start saving your money for this new Guide.

When we joined TF four years ago in April we got the selection guide and then that fall we got the new one and of course had to pay for them both. I asked her how often they do a new selection guide and she said every 8 or 9 years. I think she was wrong.:(

It was 8 or 9 years between the last Teleflora ones. FTD I think has learned more how to turn it into a cash cow, and of course Teleflora's ears perked up, BUTT, I welcome a new Teleflora one, it's a tool I use a lot, and since the new FTD one is more modern, it has been getting featured.

I'm not so good at selling generic birthday mixes, and would rather point people at the book so they can get over their sticker shock by themselves.:rolleyes:

That notwithstanding, without those images those of us with web sites would be skrude. I've seen those home shot images and they are quite difficult and usually not at all compelling.

Well they are looking for new revenue streams, and raising the monthly fee's aren't an option, so they have to pick up additional dollars from Directory charges, Selection guides etc. No doubt it will be several hundred dollars per copy. I havn't heard a price on it yet.

Bloomz:

Originally posted by bloomz
it's a tool I use a lot, and since the new FTD one is more modern, it has been getting featured.

Does FTD still give the Workbook out for free? At one time they did, even if you didn't keep the selection guide, you could keep the workbook so you would know what the design was.

Both compagnies have been changing their selection guide every two years or so. As for telelfora next year it will be the wedding guide, which they now have reduced to members to 50% off. Next time a guide like that comes out, I will wait for the special instead of paying the full price like most florist did in the first place. It irked me when the teleflora rep called about the special. Don't they look at their membership and see you didnt order one in? And another beef, teleflora clerk calling me twice on the calendars. Like I told them both, FTD prices are way cheaper. When you buy a lot you find the best deal around. They better not call me a third time...
Luc

Status
Not open for further replies.