Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
We are pleased to announce the first release of template options for the Florist 2.0 platform.

As a special offer to florists who want to upgrade from their Teleflora hosted sites we are making the Florist 2.0 template sites available for $0 setup.

What you get:

• Select one of 5 template designs (see attached images)
  • Full control of product images, description, pricing and options
  • Full control of content pages - create unlimited content
  • Gallery for special pictures
  • Blog on your domain
  • SEO friendly platform
  • Unique IP address
  • Unique SSL certificate for security
  • Optional POS integration ($200 - Mercury, FloristWare & MAS currently supported)
  • $80 / month maintenance (hosting, support, development)
How are these template sites different from the F20 custom sites?

• No custom design - select a template, we'll add your business name and logo.
  • No $1,000 setup fee - $0 get's you started
  • Same functionality!
How are these template sites different from other template sites?

• F20 sites have no pre-fab content to trigger duplicate content filters
  • Our sites are SEO friendly, unlike many other platforms
  • We are limiting access to these templates - you won't find thousands of other sites using the same template (We will also attempt to make sure that no two florists in the same town have the same template.)
  • F20 templates are prettier (OK - so I might be biased on that one)
  • SEO support from the Strider Team
For more information, or to register for your Florist 2.0 $0 template site, please contact Strider.

As always, you are invited to have a look around our demo florist ecommerce site.

Attachments

• style1.jpg
    style1.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 75
  • style2.jpg
    style2.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 78
  • style3.jpg
    style3.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 72
  • style4.jpg
    style4.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 63
  • style5.jpg
    style5.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 70
I think this is a great offer to those florist wishing to become more independent or who simply want a better web site. The templates look very good. I especially like the idea of limiting the templates in number and by the florist's location. We are certainly looking forward to our customized Florist 2.0 web site.

We are pleased to announce the first release of template options for the Florist 2.0 platform.

As a special offer to florists who want to upgrade from their Teleflora hosted sites we are making the Florist 2.0 template sites available for $0 setup.

What you get:

• Select one of 5 template designs (see attached images)
  • Full control of product images, description, pricing and options
  • Full control of content pages - create unlimited content
  • Gallery for special pictures
  • Blog on your domain
  • SEO friendly platform
  • Unique IP address
  • Unique SSL certificate for security
  • Optional POS integration ($200 - Mercury, FloristWare & MAS currently supported)
  • $80 / month maintenance (hosting, support, development)
How are these template sites different from the F20 custom sites?

• No custom design - select a template, we'll add your business name and logo.
  • No $1,000 setup fee - $0 get's you started
  • Same functionality!
How are these template sites different from other template sites?

• F20 sites have no pre-fab content to trigger duplicate content filters
  • Our sites are SEO friendly, unlike many other platforms
  • We are limiting access to these templates - you won't find thousands of other sites using the same template (We will also attempt to make sure that no two florists in the same town have the same template.)
  • F20 templates are prettier (OK - so I might be biased on that one)
  • SEO support from the Strider Team
For more information, or to register for your Florist 2.0 $0 template site, please contact Strider.

As always, you are invited to have a look around our demo florist ecommerce site.

Hi,

Is it true that template based websites do not rank good on search engines. Can you please give more information on this?

Harmeet Anand

Harmeet,

Just about every website is based on some kind of template. What matters from a search perspective is the quality of the design (coding, CSS) and duplicated content.

Quite often low-cost template sites are driven by a Content Management System that is not search engine friendly.

The biggest problem is poor quality content. A lot of templates come filled with generic text that people don't replace. That makes every template site look the same. Teleflora sites are a great example of that problem as they mostly appear to be nearly identical from a search engine's perspective.

Florist 2.0 template sites do not come with any pre-fab content. Our florists create as much content as they want, they publish as many pages as they want and use whatever product images they want. The only thing that is the same between template sites is the design - and we make efforts to limit that.

Ryan

By popular demand, we are pleased to extend the TF Upgrade Offer to customers who are currently using other template systems like Floristboard, Sunflower, GoDaddy or Yahoo! SiteBuilder.

Essentially, if you are a florist and want a fully-functional, powerful and professional web presence, you can have a site for $0.

We started this as an October special. It may run through November - it may not. That's part of the joy of being a small business - we can be flexible :)

Remember, too, templates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If someone else in your town picks a template, you can't have it.

Ryan

Ryan,

one more question please. Is this true for sub domains?
I mean subdomains do not rank well on search engine?

Thanks in advance.

Harmeet Anand

Harmeet,

Subdomains will rank just as well as regular domains. There is some association with the main domain, however, so penalties and theming from the main domain can pass to the subs.

Last year Google announced a change in how they handle subdomains. Previously, subs were treated (for ranking purposes) as a separate domain, therefore a domain and several subdomains could appear in the same SERPs. Google's announced change was that subdomains would be treated more like subfolders in competitive SERPs, but in practice this hasn't been born out as much as they said.

Using subdomains can be an effective way to own the SERPs for a particular query. It's just not as effective as it once was.

Ryan

Ryan,

Do you think you'll ever be able to integrate with Daisy?

You've really piqued my interest. I like creating my own site, but don't have the time I once had. I see that the templates have a wedding category, but how could I post pictures of recent weddings we've done? Could I incorporate those into a Blog? (I don't have a blog yet, but know that I should.

Subdomains will rank just as well as regular domains. There is some association with the main domain, however, so penalties and theming from the main domain can pass to the subs.

Last year Google announced a change in how they handle subdomains. Previously, subs were treated (for ranking purposes) as a separate domain, therefore a domain and several subdomains could appear in the same SERPs. Google's announced change was that subdomains would be treated more like subfolders in competitive SERPs, but in practice this hasn't been born out as much as they said.

Ryan

I think you're right, and can't remember seeing subdomains in lists of serps.

I've always stated away from them for this very reason.

Ryan,

Do you think you'll ever be able to integrate with Daisy?

You've really piqued my interest. I like creating my own site, but don't have the time I once had. I see that the templates have a wedding category, but how could I post pictures of recent weddings we've done? Could I incorporate those into a Blog? (I don't have a blog yet, but know that I should.

Daisy integration is unlikely, as Daisy never developed a real web interface. Daisy development was halted a few years ago in favour of Dove POS. That, combined with Teleflora's closed-door policy on outside technology, means it's unlikely TF will ever facilitate web integration with Daisy, aside from their own system that funnels orders through Dove (with per order fees).

Ryan

Ryan

So if I have Dove POS and am contracted I can't use your template because it will not 'play well' with the Dove? See how tech savy I am?! How many others on this site know great tech words like play well LOL ! ;)

The templates look great BTW.

Good question, DeeDee!

Anyone, on any platform, can use our F20 websites! It doesn't matter what POS you have. The only difference is that some POS systems allow for integration with a website platform where the order flows seamlessly from the website to the POS.

If you don't have a system that integrates, you will have to type the order into the POS manually.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.