Our friend Hugh Atkinson....

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
it is with deepest sadness to inform you that one of our MOST prolific florist friends Hugh Atkinson (aka ROCK),of Atkinson's Flowers from Bay Roberts,Newfoundland, died yesterday of a massive heart attack, thank you to John Fricker, from St.John's,Newfoundland who called us first thing this morning to let us know!
Hugh and his wife Jane were here to visit not 3 years ago,and we were pretty sure we were heading that way this summer for a visit.....I will miss my long conversations with Hugh, at ALL times of the day and night!:purpletea

Real sad news for sure....Hugh (Rock) was one of the good guys and will be missed for sure. Our sympathies go out to his wife Janie and their two sons.

Sad news indeed! Hugh was friend, though we'd lost touch in recent years. I will never forget the level of generosity we experienced from Hugh, Jane and family when travelling to Newfoundland for a visit. Hugh's passion for his province is proved in that he managed to convince this city boy to go to the east coast for a vacation - something that was previously unthinkable ;) He loved his land, his family and his industry, and he will indeed be missed.

very sad, indeed. rock used to call me up back when i was working wire service and he was quick to provide me his point of view. we managed to stay in touch over the years...but unfortunately not as frequent as we should have. the floral community lost a good one when he was called. he always invited me to come up to newfoundland...but i never made it. the industry should feel sad with the loss of hugh...aka rock. he was a true "one of a kind" individual that made be proud to work in his industry.
rest in peace, rock.
prayers go out to his family and friends through this time of loss.

I loved talking with Hugh on the phone, what a great guy and wise person. So sorry to hear about his loss.