Our new wedding site is finally done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash side - on the contact us page, the link to your blog is broken. (remove the www. before blog)

I'm not sure if you are building the PDF files yourself and/or the cost calculator, but consider making all of the URL's clickable links. I doubt it will generate loads of traffic to your website, but try to take every opportunity to list working, clickable links back to your website.

The PDF or calculator spreadsheet may change hands via email among prospective clients and this will make it easy for them to 'click through' rather than search for you online or manually type in your url.

Good looking site.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks so much -- I realized after you said that, that my classifieds links were having the same problem. Fixed it!

Also, excellent point about the live links on the excel sheet and the pdf. I was easily able to make the link live on the excel sheet, but I made the pdf with a "pdf maker" online. I'm not sure if it will keep a live link, since I didn't have it live in the word document, but I'll sure give it a try!

Thanks for the great ideas!

To quote Lori:
"I am but a young jedi and have much to learn about the ways of the web."

(I love that, and it's so true!)

The flowerchat team, google searches and a cool forum called webforumz have led me by the hand and taught me to "use the force"... and I am SO thankful! I only hope I can help someone as much as you have helped me.

Your site looks fabulous. I can tell you spent tons of time on it. I personally like the font and don't have trouble reading it. Some advise I have received from theknot.com about my website has been:

Don't use music-their logic is that most brides look at your site while they are at work and can get in trouble if it starts blasting, so they click off of it.

Don't use black (I use it anyway, because I love it) They say white on black is hard to read. (To me it looks elegant) Also don't use flourescent colors or colors that say (cheap) They colors they say to stay away from are colors of fast food restaurants, like mcdonalds, burger king, taco bell, etc. Red, Yellow, Orange. combinations.

It can't look like it's home made (YOU'VE DEFINATELY GOT THAT COVERED!)

Put your name and phone number on every page, so at anytime they decide to call you they can.

Don't use any links to other websites. They will get lost and not come back.

Make your website to fit the screen for the masses. What fits my screen will not fit the masses. So I had to scale mine down. I think yours is right on.

Use 1-2 font styles only.

Don't tell them everything on the site. If they don't have a reason to call you to find out more, they might not.

Make your site all about her (the bride) Use the words you and your, not I and we.

Don't sell on price, sell on what they are getting and the personal attention.

Use Googleanalytics.com to watch the traffic on your website... IT'S FREE!!! and it's great!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.