Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle McMichael

Jan 4, 2007
Prineville
www.theposieshoppe.com
State / Prov
OR
Well, I have finally (almost) finished our new wedding and event website. I am just finishing adding descriptions to the photos. I have been working on it since late September, with the goal of having it online today, since today was the local Wedding Showcase and I advertised the site in the accompanying publications.

The website is www.centraloregonweddingflowers.com and I would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism! I have struggled daily with this for the past several months, as I have never attempted anything like this before. I will take all suggestions to heart and will implement them as I can figure out how.

A big plus, we actually had two brides submit consultation requests from the site today. Exciting!

Thanks to Erlene, who provided the cost calculator and to everyone who shared their wedding questionaire forms... mine is a compilation of many.

And thanks to everyone here who encourages us to try new things!

Hey I like it!!

The PDF brochure is a nice touch. As well as the wedding consulation request!! Your flash version would be beter if you could center it. Just a suggestion. Also its a little hard to read under the wedding section I think your using Scriptina for the font and if your going to use that I would create the font size larger so you can read it clearly. But hey I am going blind sitting behind these screens.

So is that what you need to do is create a flash and a HTMl site? This way you can still cater to the flashy people and still have a nice website that gets found by the search engines.

Man I need to get my butt on Dreamweaver. If your site gets indexed well thats all you need. Great job and congratualtions....

Reactions: 1 person
Wonderful Job Michelle! You done real real good.

Hey I like it!!
So is that what you need to do is create a flash and a HTMl site? This way you can still cater to the flashy people and still have a nice website that gets found by the search engines.

I decided to do a "double" site after all the advice I got here from people who hate flash.:rolleyes: I really wanted an "ego" flash site for all the brides in the neighboring cities who overlook us because we're in a cowtown. I'm hoping that we can hook them in before they rule us out...

I'm also guessing that linking to our existing TF site as the "wedding" link will help our ranking... I know it has already helped people find us.

I will try to look into fixing the flash movie, but I will freely admit that that was the hardest part of this project for me. Luckily it was a template!

Really nice work..I like the site...I agree with Eric tho, that the font is just to hard on the eyes. Your whole site really is cool. Lots of hard work creating it and still some to go on maintaining it...congrats to you!
Sher

The site looks great! I'm glad you are able to use the wedding flower calculator. You might consider protecting the cells though so users can only enter data in the cells where you want them to.

Great site Michelle!! You have so many great tools for brides to use..many sites just concentrate on all the pretty pictures.. which is great, but you have taken it a step further. I'm sure your site will get lots of traffic because of them!

Michelle,
I especially like that you indicate some pricing and descriptions for the lookey-loos - sometimes girls just have no idea what bouquets can cost. I think seeing real bouquet pricing, versus fantasy bouquet pricing in some of the bridal selection books is a terrific idea.

I am supremely jealous of your site, and the super professional image it projects - great job!

tracy

Beautiful professional looking sales tool, and marketing! Congratulations on a job well done, love the brochure, calculator and pics are lovely and well done.

Great Job!!!

One thing this morning, when I click on the third image with the Gerb's it takes me to a blank page....

The site looks great! I'm glad you are able to use the wedding flower calculator. You might consider protecting the cells though so users can only enter data in the cells where you want them to.

Hmm... I thought I changed that! I'll have to take a look at it again. I noticed when I was demo-ing it for someone that it was not protected and had a little panic, so I protected it and re-sent it. I'll have to try again!

I'm really excited about that tool. Thanks for making and sharing it!

Michelle,
I especially like that you indicate some pricing and descriptions for the lookey-loos - sometimes girls just have no idea what bouquets can cost. I think seeing real bouquet pricing, versus fantasy bouquet pricing in some of the bridal selection books is a terrific idea.

I agree! Sometimes the JH prom and wedding books freak people out a little with the prices. It's nice for them to see that our real bouquets can be below (and above) that.

P.S.: I am usually surprised when I quote a bride $250 for her bouquet and she thought it would be a lot more than that... thanks bridal magazines!

Thanks everybody for your comments.

I changed the "scriptina" font on the wedding page, so it's easy to read now.

I protected the calculator sheet so it can't be messed up.

Centering the flash movie is beyond me at the moment... I think it is done in the main page, but I'm scared to mess with it too much...

Again, thanks for all your comments. If anyone sees anything else I need to fix, I would greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.