Prestigious? Top 15%?

keith

Staff member
Jan 22, 2003
Beaverton
www.beavertonflorists.com
State / Prov
Oregon
I got this alert for a shop who announced that they are "Master Florists" and I can't find anyplace that FTD mentions it on their members website, If they don't even acknowledge it can it be that presigious?
I thought the scotch tape holding the decal onto the piece of paper made a very classy award.
ScreenHunter_05 Jun. 21 14.27.jpg
ScreenHunter_04 Jun. 21 14.27.jpg
ScreenHunter_06 Jun. 21 14.27.jpg

But now they get the previlage of filling Vera Wang orders from FTD.com great now they can lose money in bagfuls instead of handfuls.

Here is the link

We can laugh, but some occasional flower buyers who have no insight into our business will see this and be impressed. Even though it is meaningless they will get a little mileage out of it. But boy that scotch tape holding the emblem is hilarious!

It looks like they taped the sticker to the manila envelop it came in.... I doubt an FBC stopped by to present it...

Meaningless! But like [MENTION=210]Richard[/MENTION] said, they'll get some mileage out of it...

For a group of supposedly informed individuals I don't know why this comes as news. This program has been around for a number of years.

The reality is that if a shop is a wire service member and sees it as part of their business it only makes sense to use it to their full advantage. A number of our stores have this designation and they are very pleased with the results they have seen.

As I have stated many times before on this board, don't assume because you see no value in wire services, that there is no value. Business, like life is never "one size fits all".

For a group of supposedly informed individuals I don't know why this comes as news. This program has been around for a number of years.

The reality is that if a shop is a wire service member and sees it as part of their business it only makes sense to use it to their full advantage. A number of our stores have this designation and they are very pleased with the results they have seen.

As I have stated many times before on this board, don't assume because you see no value in wire services, that there is no value. Business, like life is never "one size fits all".
and though I agree Doug, their "presentation" for this "prestigious" photo-op, is a little lame, don't you think??

awful way to display this "prestigious" award for this florist that they could not afford to make a better presentation. This surely told the consumer that they surely lack creativity and are not so outstanding afterall. This is a better ad for scotch tape and manila folder than FTD or this florist....It is a great, laughable matter.

This surely gets my vote for posting of the week.

I guess this gives weasley his use of "Master Florist" in my town creedance... scum

Reactions: BOSS
It should NOT be called an award. I was "invited" to become a "master florist" in April. It has nothing to do with filling or sending , that's for sure, not with the numbers in our shop. You PAY $199 a month, they offset that with a free half page ad and wave the $99 monthly fee (Canadian prices). You also get aprons, door mat and open sign with the FTD logo, the way I see it, you're paying them and giving them free advertising!!! When people see giant FTD logos all over your advertising, why wouldn't they shop FTD.com instead of your website??? Talk about confusing your customers. I think we need to make up a prestigious award for ourselves and we can then do a publicity campaign announcing we have become...what, any suggestions?

Reactions: Rhonda