Price discrepancy between teleflora.com and TF-template website

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....TF.com will steal more orders from the local guys, who will then complain about TF.com stealing their orders......

Cheryl

Because - they didn't take care of business.

All order gatherers count on this, and take it to the bank.

Some florists are also silly enough to charge higher fees on their site than they do for "call ins" so they can offset the per-order website costs.

I know some shops say they are too busy to customize prices, but IMO that would be a priority over most other activities.

I keep saying "More people visit a florist's website on a given day than walk into the store." Failing to maintain products and prices is actually worse than failing to maintain your shop displays in today's market.

Amen sistah!

and if you don't do it, well you're ripe for pickin and don't gripe about it.

It's as dumb as not putting accurate prices on merchandise in your store.

bloomz, (bored in Hong Kong)

Reactions: Connie
Then they go thru and add on a $13.99 service charge. (There's our $7.00 delivery charge + a $6.99 service fee, that they are now keeping all of).
So then, when TF.coN send out an order, do they send the filler $7.00 more than the price listed inline? Or do they pocket the $13.99??

I have been working on my TF website all day. We spent and hour changing prices on roses and such and hit submit and their system timed out. I was unable to switch around my items under Valentines day also. It has been a very fustrating day.
Their systems is a pain and laborsom to use.

We charge the same price that you see on the website in the store. If some one orders we let them have the web specials we run. Only fair in my eyes.

I have been working on my TF website all day. We spent and hour changing prices on roses and such and hit submit and their system timed out. I was unable to switch around my items under Valentines day also. It has been a very fustrating day.

We charge the same price that you see on the website in the store. If some one orders we let them have the web specials we run. Only fair in my eyes.
Karen - I have always found it easier to send a listing over to tf web services for updates. I agree that their self admin tool is very very cumbersome, and not easy to maneuver. BUT, I haven't spent any amount of time on it in over a year - I was just way too frustrated. Web services has been very good at updating whatever I ask, usually within a day, barring weekends.

[email protected] is the address we use, and I reference my website & tf # in every correspondence.

hope that helps,
tracy

Reactions: LOTAKIDS

Tip for Timeout Errors:

1. In the eSAT tool when you're changing prices, look up each item individually by Item #. Have another IE window open to your TF website. Look at items that you know are ACTIVE on your website, search the item in eSAT, change the price and hit SAVE. You won't lose any new info you inputted, no matter how many hours you spend changing prices.

2. Double-check occasion category items by viewing the whole category in eSAT and pay attention to those that are checked INACTIVE. Check them through the teleflora.com ordering site. Choose ACTIVE if you want to include that item on your website, change the price and always SAVE.

3. When you *think* you've got all the prices changed, go to your live website and click through every page to check for new items that Teleflora may have added that you haven't yet discovered. If you find something, go back to Step #1 and either choose INACTIVE for that item or change the price and click SAVE.

4. Finally, Review your live website with eSAT and then Publish.

Another Great Tip my husband told me to try for those personal messages you can change, depending on whether the template you chose has the message option: create the message in Word first, center it and MOST IMPORTANTLY adjust the leading (space between lines), COPY and then PASTE the message into eSAT. Works great and looks the way you intended it to look! No wasted white space! I just wish they'd allow you to upload an image or at least accept html for personal messages.

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
You better believe that TF.com's prices are set slightly lower than the member sites -- better to drive orders to TF.com!!

l

I just found this out today, but TF.com is actually adding $7.00 to their posted flower prices for delivery.

Today, I received an order for that birthday candle bowl thing. TF.com gave me $46.95. When I looked at my website the SRP was $39.95. When I looked at TF.com, the price was $46.95

also, TF website customers can adjust their own prices without TF's help. I have done that in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.