Proflower's Wire Service?

flowershop35

Jul 31, 2014
State / Prov
CA
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the business and trying to figure out the different wire services. It seems that FTD, Bloomnet and Teleflora have wire services. I couldn't figure out if ProFlowers uses their own. Do you know if they have their own unique wire service or if they just outsource it to one of the other three?

They outsource to all three, usually driven by the rebate game. That changes every few years, when they don't pay their bills, then they get kicked out and get sued. The settle, kiss and make up and continue to "prostitute" all three of the services. PF is big enough to support one service and now they have it. It gives PF "legitimacy" in the industry (not my opinion) for them. TF already sending out notices on how they are the only saving grace for florists (for another day discussion). The only good thing about PF is their "retention" rate is now about 40%.....they are running low on customers. Hope this helps. I've been told people have seen the same order come through all 3 services in one day.

And now ProFlowers has been purchased by FTD, so they will be funnelling through FTD and benefiting from FTD's customer retention practices.

Reactions: bootcampguy