Racism And Order Gatherers

kt4ye

Oct 15, 2007
Charlotte
www.flowerhut.com
State / Prov
NC
At first glance, there isn't any relationship between the two.

But our Daughter works for a Nationally Known Telecommunication Company. Out of curiosity, I asked her what was the racial composition of their Call Center employees. I expected to hear that blacks accounted for around 16% -- roughly the same percentage as the black population in the US.

Instead, she said that well over HALF the employees were black! And she indicated that she thought this was pretty common around the country.

So... if an Order Gatherer (Or, as I like to call them: Call Center-Based Floral Middlemen) establishes an overseas Call Center rather than working with US employees, it is the MINORITY Black Community that LOSES Jobs!

We know that the Black unemployment rate is *much* higher than that of the rest of the US. So... anyone that places an order with these Call Center Floral Middlemen is acting in a manner that is counter-productive to RACIAL EQUALITY.

Just something to think about...

All the best, Bill

Outsourcing, Legal and Illegal immigration has decimated the lower class. If anyone ever wonders why Trump even has a shot, it all boils down to things like that call center.

Outsourcing, Legal and Illegal immigration has decimated the lower class. If anyone ever wonders why Trump even has a shot, it all boils down to things like that call center./quote}

At the grave risk of turning this into a political conversation, the whole country is pretty well disgusted with the Political Elites in both parties that only seek increased Government Participation (read: money) rather than solutions to problems.

One example: The War On Poverty. IF we had WON the war, then all of the "troops" that won would have been mustered out and sent home. So... it's not in the best interest of the "troops" (who don't get their asses shot off, but collect nice paychecks and retirement & healthcare benefits) to win the war, is it?

And what would happen to the Unemployment Commission employees if they were able to actually *find jobs* for the unemployed?

Come to think of it, when was the last time that we had a President who had actually *accomplished something* before he became President?

All the best, Bill

Reactions: butlersflorist
I can't agree with your reasoning to support order gatherers or call centers to "protect jobs" but I do agree with the overall disgust of the political elites in both parties.

I can't agree with your reasoning to support order gatherers or call centers to "protect jobs" but I do agree with the overall disgust of the political elites in both parties.

You have it backwards. Call Centers *destroy* US jobs and replace them with offshore jobs. Net loss to the (often) black Stateside Call Centers employees.

And at the risk of (continuing to) politicize this thread... I see very little difference between the Dem and Repub establishment. Their only goal is to keep as many Government employees on the payroll as possible. Sad but true.

Thought for the day: If we had WON the "war on poverty," what would have happened to all the "troops" that won? Answer: They would have lost their jobs. So... *their* goal has to be to continue the "war" as long as possible.

Sad but true.

All the best, Bill