Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBeyer

Jul 21, 2007
Traverse City
State / Prov
MI
Hello,
My first involvement with a flower shop was around 17 years ago when a florist called me for computer support.
This ended up being a long term endeavor as I ended up contracting to do the bookkeeping several years ago.
Long story short, I went to work for the company full time last year, doing the bookkeeping, computer support, delivery and in-store sales. I really love my job, especially the delivery and in-store parts as I meet and can interact with a lot of interesting
people.
Am currently negotiating to buy the business from the retirement aged owner, who has become a good friend of mine and will stick around as company spokesperson and mentor.
I would have never expected things to turn out the way they have went I first walked in the place to fix a problem with MS-DOS so many years ago.
Despite the challenges facing retail florists I look forward to becoming a full-fledged bonified florist.
Ron

Reactions: 11 people
Welcome fellow Michigander! good luck with your new business..
By the way I LOVE Travers I am there a lot!! I plan to move and retire there some day!!
You will love Flower Chat!

Ron, Welcome to the community... always good to see another Michigander.

Question for you, what are you guys doing up there for flowers now that Saginaw Valley closed up? I was trying to figure a way to go that route, but decided wholesale was not in my future.

Just curious...what is your shop's website?

Status
Not open for further replies.