Sad state of 'Help Wanted'

I KNOW I hear that all the time "oh I hate the wire, oh I hate that it will never sell in my shop". You don't have to make it huge like up on the stage, instead break it down into usable items you can sell. So they show 30 roses, why not try it with a dozen? It drives me CRAZY. I know I am new to the industry but I sure hope it doesn't happen to me someday. I have had brides tell me that the stuff we show they can't get anyone else to do?!?!?! Really!?!?!?! Why would a florist turn down a wedding because they don't like the way feathers look in a bouquet?!?!

Sorry I'm ranting today... probably because the only thing people want to do today is carns and daisies in a C954 (jeni) vase! I have some pretty unique stuff in the cooler but oh now it's "lets be old fashion day". Sigh.... back to work, it's been busy and that's a good thing!

Reactions: KABERS
And there it is right there.

Florists are not taking the education opportunities, often completely free except their time, to learn how to keep up.

I have also been to shows where the grumbling around me is almost too much for me to keep my mouth shut. I go to these shows to learn new trends, tips, and ideas. Listening to so many florists grumble and speak up about how they don't like this or that about the new way of doing things, I can't help but thinking that this is one of the really big problems in our industry.

Why even attend if they don't intend to use that information?

the VERY REASON we stopped taking staff!!

And there it is right there.

Florists are not taking the education opportunities, often completely free except their time, to learn how to keep up.

I have also been to shows where the grumbling around me is almost too much for me to keep my mouth shut. I go to these shows to learn new trends, tips, and ideas. Listening to so many florists grumble and speak up about how they don't like this or that about the new way of doing things, I can't help but thinking that this is one of the really big problems in our industry.

Why even attend if they don't intend to use that information?

The reality is that those same folks probably grumble the same way in their personal lives. Your business or life is what you make of it, blaming the forces around you for your woes does nothing to improve your situation. Typically those that succeed are the one that take charge of the things they can change. It's the difference between whining about the cold or adding more insulation to your house
Just my two bits.

The reality is that those same folks probably grumble the same way in their personal lives. Your business or life is what you make of it, blaming the forces around you for your woes does nothing to improve your situation. Typically those that succeed are the one that take charge of the things they can change. It's the difference between whining about the cold or adding more insulation to your house
Just my two bits.

Well I agree with those two bits.

Reactions: Molly
the VERY REASON we stopped taking staff!!
For us the very reason we stopped taking staff is because there not enough business .
Beside, Sherry and I do not have to worry about staff and their ego.
We buy, we sell, we design, we deliver, and Sherry ( my wife and darling Boss, keeps the money).
We are in control, we are good, we are fast and we are sooo courteous , we are not to be believed.

If we need to work late, we do.
If we need to work early, we do.

The only complaint Sherry gets sometimes is : "Your driver is driving too fast", well, I don't text, I don't phone, I don't eat, I just concentrate and drive , the faster I deliver the faster I get back for more.

But this weekend I will remove our phone # on the van and leave only our Website address, so the offended by my driving WILL HAVE TO GET ON OUR WEBSITE AND ENJOY IT.
One more way to get more business.........right????
I drive since 1960, never hit anybody, nobody ever hit me, the last ticket I got was 20 years ago at 5 in a Summer morning for "speeding" (what else?).........the cop was faster than me........oh well!!!!!

Stay away from the trucks and do it all yourself so you will know it's done well.
Guys, I got to "race" to my house for a nice "dindin" so until next time xoxoxoxoxo :jester

Bonjour mon ami.
comment sont votre aujoud'nui?

Henri, vous avez quelque chose, tonjours dire les choses comme il est
Prenez garde.

Bonjour mon ami.
comment sont votre aujoud'nui?

Henri, vous avez quelque chose, tonjours dire les choses comme il est
Prenez garde.
Yes Sir, I could be from Texas, couldn't I ?
Some French are like Texans, they just tell it the way it is.
To be politically correct is not for me, to be politically correct is coating what one says, so it's not to be acurate, to not be acurate is not telling the truth, to not tell the truth is simply..........lying.
We all have to live with our decisions and mistakes, I find that telling the truth is much easier, much faster, and most people like that.
What you see is what you get.
When it comes to flowers, we insist we have the best product and the best service in our area and we prove it everyday.
Now, like I wrote before when some people tell us flowers are cheaper @ Costco or Safeway what do you think I should tell them?
Yes, you are right that is what I tell them.
Anyway, to be sincere, I write about other subjects, to try to chill some people in the flower business.

It gets boring to me reading always about the same topics, $$$$$$$$$$, Wire services, OG's, staff etc....

So I waste some time being true to myself most of the time.
I love your French and I appreciate what you tell me.

All these lines to say practically nothing.........."to be politically correct".

Good day to you my friend and "au revoir et a bientot"........Henry :jester

Hey Henry...thought you might enough the French!

Both you and Sherry be well and happy. :yourock:

Carolyn

Reactions: Hollywood