Saving Deco Beads

dlnfloral

Beaches,Umbrella Drinks and Jimmy Buffett Are Call
Feb 26, 2008
Naperville
www.dlnfloral.com
State / Prov
IL
Hey has anyone saved these deco beads after you have used them and is it advisable to save them?
If so, just leave them hydrated or not? Thanks much

I wondering the same thing. We have some left over (and when I say some i'm talking gallons LOL). I am storing them in the cooler in a closed bucket with tight fitting lid, water and all. Is this the right thing? I know you can clean them if they start to mold, so I'm not to worried about that. I just don't want the mold to spread anywhere in the cooler.

I keep them in the cooler "made up" and ready to use, since we use them in daily design work... honestly, I've stored them for months, occasionally (60 days) rinsing them... they are in buckets, in water...

Interestingly, if you let them go dry in the cooler with it's humidity, they will re-soak and swell up again. I usually only keep red ready to go, since that's the color we use most, but this time of year I have orange too... I buy them in the 8oz jar, which fills a 7 gallon pail when soaked. They last forever... I do add a dash of DCD to the buckets to prevent mold...

Reactions: dlnfloral
Thanks everyone.I was going to keep some in the cooler and let some dry out.Glad to hear both ways work