Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 12, 2004
Victoria
www.mcadamsfloral.com
State / Prov
TX
I corrected the spelling on our website catagory today from Secretary's Week to Secretaries' Week to be correct....and I see now that people are searching with the incorrect name (stats from last several days)

Search Engine ReferralsSearch Engine Search Term Referrals
Google mcadams floral 24
Msn secretary week 11
Google Secretary Week 7
Google florist victoria texas 5
Msn secretary's week 4

NOTE- THE AGGIE IN ME MISS SPELLED THE SECRETARY IN THE HEADING AND I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE IT WITH THE EDIT FEATURE.

clay said:
...NOTE- THE AGGIE IN ME MISS SPELLED THE SECRETARY IN THE HEADING AND I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE IT WITH THE EDIT FEATURE.

Clay, open the page in in an editor like SuperEdit (SuperEdit is free)

Go to...<title>Secretary's Week - McAdams Floral Online - Your 2nd Generation Victoria, TX Texas Florist!</title>

Make your changes...FTP the page to your website server...

I heard something interesting regarding misspellings that surprised me.

Despite the fact that all major engines offer spelling corrections, only half the people will click on that link to redo their search with the correct spelling.

I am a terrible speller (sometimes typist) and am always using that link. I found it surprising that so many people were not doing the same.

Lesson, don't forget about misspellings. Having said that, I think there is an art to going after misspellings in a tasteful way.

In my search results I often see things like mothersday where they miss the space bar, soIhaveaddedthemintomykeywordsaswell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.