CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
http://www.clickpress.com/releases/Detailed/5878005cp.shtml
Florist Near is dedicated to aiding the consumer in their search for a Florist . Established in 2005, Florist Near ( florist-near.com ) is the premier nationwide Florist locator service, encompassing every zip code in the USA. Anyone looking for a Florist will easily be able to locate it with the services provided on the Florist Near web site.
Flower Delivery Near is dedicated to aiding the consumer in their search for Flower Delivery. Established in 2005, Flower Delivery Near ( flower-delivery-near.com ) is the premier nationwide Flower Delivery locator service, encompassing every zip code in the USA. Anyone looking for Flower Delivery will easily be able to locate it with the services provided on the Flower Delivery web site.
Both should really say "Spam-flowers-florist-floral.com is dedicated to generate AdSense revenue by using city name doorway pages". I couldn't spot a single local florist listed by city.

Interesting they chose to use a TF smiley mug image.

Their TF link sends you directly to TF, no affilate code, that I can see in the URL, unless it is hidden in Javascript.

The town choices for Oregon are interesting. I have never heard of those towns. Not sure if this site is still being developed or if it is, not sure what their angle is.

Another OG site? If it is, they aren't doing a very good job yet.

Comes out of CT....and is linked in some way to remindsme.com

Dazeal said:
Their TF link sends you directly to TF, no affilate code, that I can see in the URL, unless it is hidden in Javascript.
Brandon, the ads are served from Google's AdSense program. This webmaster earns money everytime someone clicks on an ad. He's not an 'affiliate' of any of the advertisers. And he probably won't ever list real flower shops sites.

What bugs me most about AdSense is that Google originally pitched it as an almost quasi-philanthropic effort. It was supposed to provide income to small sites that had little means of supporting themselves. Read this to get a flavor of the original pitch.

But the program has turned into spam-o-rama fest. You call those two sites above "higher quality content"? These AdSense ad links can be found on nearly every scraper-content-stealing site around.

There is a way to report the webmaster to Google for lacking content. If you click on "Ads by Gooooooogle" you'll be taken to a page where you can "Send Google your thoughts on the ad you just saw." One of the options is "web page showing these ads".

I've heard these kinds of junk sites called 'made-for-AdSense.' They're just optimized for keywords with the hope that surfers will ad-click so they make money. :(

My favorite description of webmasters building this kind of junk is 'SERP Perps.'

Good call Cathy! TY. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.