May 15, 2008
san francisco
State / Prov
ca
- How long have you been in business? 10 years

- Do you have any formal floral education? NO

- How were you referred to FlowerChat?
NO
- What do you hope to gain from membership? Florist views & suggestions regarding the industry

- What do you feel you can contribute to the community? Knowledge & experience with wire services

- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence? commercial

Reactions: 4 people
Welcome to our community Stephanie...

I'm sure you have some good things to contribute, as well as to ponder on...

Enjoy~!

New Member Introduction

Hello! I am the new sales director for bbrooks fine flowers. I come to the bbrooks team with 10 years experience in the wire service industry. My background has specifically been with FTD and 1-800-Flowers. I am very excited to be joining a very professional team who understand the floral industry and relate to the concerns of the florist arena. For more information about bbrooks fine flowers, please visit www.bbrooks.com. You will quickly see why we proudly represent the world's finest florists. To put it very simply, bbrooks.com is a "by invitation only" wire service, committed to floral presentation, quality and customer excellence.

I am very happy to answer any questions, or offer any insight, I can about my past and current associations.

Thanks.

Reactions: 2 people
Please please share and don't just be a lurker - we got too darn many of them already, and need active participants.

Respecting your company - I know you have lots to share

regards again

bloomz

Reactions: 1 person
How do you transmit orders to your member florists?

Welcome Stephanie! I have been a member of bbrooks for five years and happy to be!
I am sure you will share your knowledge on your end of the industry and enlighten
many. It is great to work with such a professional organization such as bbrooks.
Thank you for giving my business an avenue of sending quality flowers to other
quality florists!

So is your last name just a coincidence?

And like Rich said... How do you transmit your orders?

If I may be so bold, while I'm at it, if you had an order for zip 48640 who would you contact, do you have a member in this zip or 48642?

Interested from UK

How do you transmit orders to your member florists?

I too would like to know how you work the logisitcs. You see I have observed and admired the BBrooks concept for many years, indeed still have one of your first directories. We have a similar concept called www.masterflorist.com but I am intrigued as to how you transmit orders as I understood you'd been bought by a wire company or similar which is not the route I want to go.

Kind regards,

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and ask the dumb question. How is allowing this order gatherer into the fold different from allowing someone from FTD? please don't hurt me, I'm fragile today.

Holly -

I'm pretty sure we have members here that work for all the WSs, as well as POS companies, wholesalers, product manufactuers, growers and other florist service providers.

Some became members before we started voting and others have been voted in after introducing themselves.

I welcome stephaniebrooks and participation here from the team at BBrooks. Their florist-delivered brand is highly successful and well respected by consumers.

In theory a nice one

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and ask the dumb question. How is allowing this order gatherer into the fold different from allowing someone from FTD? please don't hurt me, I'm fragile today.

To paraphrase Orwell not all wires are equal! From my understanding BB is hi-end, florist and customer focussed and has niched to a market that can create profit for florist and satisfaction for consumer. However I do have this need to clarify the order transfer mechanism.
C

Their florist-delivered brand is highly successful and well respected by consumers.

Okay, you're right, if they're not doing any drop ship then they're not directly competing for my customer. However, an OG is an OG and I would prefer not to have a middleman and get 100% of the order.

However I do have this need to clarify the order transfer mechanism.

Which we haven't heard. Do they take the same commission bite that FTD and Tele take?

Gonna have to lean toward welcome but clarification would be a great help.

To paraphrase Orwell not all wires are equal! From my understanding BB is hi-end, florist and customer focussed and has niched to a market that can create profit for florist and satisfaction for consumer. However I do have this need to clarify the order transfer mechanism.
C

Just so I can understand. Is FTD and TF order gathers?

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and ask the dumb question. How is allowing this order gatherer into the fold different from allowing someone from FTD?

Okay, you're right, if they're not doing any drop ship then they're not directly competing for my customer. However, an OG is an OG and I would prefer not to have a middleman and get 100% of the order.

Which we haven't heard. Do they take the same commission bite that FTD and Tele take?

By the classic definition generally used here - they fit.

So do I. (get that out of the way so no one mistakenly accuses me of being a hypocrite - again)

And, I'm sure enough to bet that that commissions and rebates are the same as any other order gatherer.

I do find the description on their website to be a bit ambiguous tho - claiming not to gather orders or allowing order gatherers to be members while gathering orders is a bit less than accurate.

That said - I welcome Stephanie here and hope she will share some tips on how to gather orders, as well as other great information I'm sure she is privy to.

Hi Stephanie

Well, first of all, Welcome Stephanie!!!
I have been a member of BBrooks for about 12 years. And I wholeheartedly respect what Barbera has done with her company.
I'm going to post direct off our members site exactly how the transmission charges go, and hope that is okay with the folks at BBrooks.
"When you place an order over the web, you receive a 16% sending commission. If you transmit by fax, your sending commission is 10% of the amount of the order. We do not commission delivery charges."

"When you receive (or fulfill) an order, you receive:

72% of the amount of the floral budget (similar to other wire services) plus
Your delivery charge in full"

Plain and simple, NO other charges are incurred ever. No monthly fees, etc. If i play the game, I pay the commission, If i don't play the game, I pay nothing.
That being said, I believe that BBrooks is the purest form of Wire Transmission out there today. Several reasons, those stated above and the fact that my orders are being placed with like minded florists. I have nothing but great regard and respect for this company.
Okay, so yes, a "lurker" has responded. Usually wait to reply if I truly have something to offer. I believe that there are only a handful of BBrooks members that are also members of Flower Chat, thus my reply.

And again, Welcome Stephanie, and tell everyone hello from Parie.

Status
Not open for further replies.