Sunny, Rock, Ryan...........(oops I almost forgot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
Ryan's not FTD anymore.........but just got my FTD statement and looking at the newsletter WOW!!!!! FTD is actualy going to advertise Valentines Specials on HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, HOCKEY AFTER HOURS and in the HOCKEY NEWS......HOLY SMOKES!!!!
:D

Dang Ryan, you must have left too soon to cash in on the ads.........but I also did notice that they signed?? up 4 new members on Toronto to handle all the incomings that were destined for your shop!! ;)

Bah - humbug!!

Phooey on FTD, Bob Norton and their mysterious advertising. I've seen one FTD commercial in my life, and I wouldn't have known it was for flowers if I didn't know who FTD was.

Besides .... dot.con, 800-send, blah blah ..... Call your local florist

What a pant-load that is.

We'll see how many REAL orders these ads generate for you.

I know one thing - I'm ahead of the game by over $200 REAL dollars per month being without FTD. And I haven't missed them for a second.

Originally posted by Infinite
Bah - humbug!!

Phooey on FTD, Bob Norton and their mysterious advertising. I've seen one FTD commercial in my life, and I wouldn't have known it was for flowers if I didn't know who FTD was.

Besides .... dot.con, 800-send, blah blah ..... Call your local florist

What a pant-load that is.

We'll see how many REAL orders these ads generate for you.

I know one thing - I'm ahead of the game by over $200 REAL dollars per month being without FTD. And I haven't missed them for a second.

I've seen a number of ads for Ital's, which I think might have been FTD ads, but didn't show the FTD product this was on Tech Tv

Interesting thing about that, out here FTD runs ads on TV big time. I saw the FTD holiday ad at least 4 times last night during prime time. I have never seen a TF advertisement out here. Not one! Yet we consistently get more calls for TF than for FTD. Not just ws orders but customers calling. I don't know where they are seeing the ads cause I sure have'nt seen them.

Jim

Originally posted by jbarb
Interesting thing about that, out here FTD runs ads on TV big time. I saw the FTD holiday ad at least 4 times last night during prime time. I have never seen a TF advertisement out here. Not one! Yet we consistently get more calls for TF than for FTD. Not just ws orders but customers calling. I don't know where they are seeing the ads cause I sure have'nt seen them.

Jim

Key is - they work, and have worked for a long time.

Originally posted by jbarb

Jim

Last Mothers Day I seen 10 TF commericals in about a 2 hour period on A+E. Havn't seen any yet thou this season, and my spotters havn't either.

It's smart of FTD to do them on Hockey night in Canada.

Does this mean Bob N has a breakaway on Belfour and scores???
I'm anxious to see the FTD ads but won't do me any good; sold out. Rock on

Ads for FTD

You see them in the States because FTD actually cares about the US market. Not here, it took YEARS of b****ing at ol' Bobby and the crew before we could convince them that the bulk of our customers don't read 'consumer report' in Canada. Took ages to convince them that advertising on during holiday games or decent demographiced shows was a plan. I was shocked when I saw the new 'plan'

Audra

the one thing that I don't like about the FTD TV clip is that it is the same ad that was used for M-day only they clipped out the M-day vase and pasted in the C1. It is pretty obvious. The other thing is that the picture in the ad is WAY bigger than anything you would actually make if you even came close to following the recipe which is unfortunate because that is when customers get pissy about the flowers not looking like the picture.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.