Teleflora Delivery Confimations now useless

ChristiBrown

Jul 14, 2010
Indialantic
www.rosesarered.biz
State / Prov
Florida
So here's the email I got today from Teleflora. I now consider any confirmation I receive as totally useless because I think most florists (and honestly myself) are going to send them through whether or not they went just so they don't get charged. I know I will put a note saying it wasn't if there was a problem, but it seems like the directions for changing the date for necessary date changes are going to be to complicated for anyone to bother to go through those steps. FYI any that I have that are going out a day late because funeral wrong date/hospital ICU, etc will get confirmed on the send day and an inquiry late on the actual day. What do all of you think?

:GPWhy is Teleflora requiring delivery confirmations and charging when confirmations are provided late or not provided?
Consumers expect to receive delivery confirmations for online purchases including their floral orders and can receive confirmations today on drop-shipped flower orders as well as some florist-delivered orders. Confirmations dramatically improve customer satisfaction and help provide an online buyer experience similar to other retailers, including drop-ship flower providers and those who offer delivery tracking.

What is the timeframe to send a delivery confirmation?
Confirmations should be sent by 7 pm the day of delivery.

What happens if I don't confirm my orders or confirm an order late?
Beginning on June 6, 2011, a $1 fee will be charged for every order that is not confirmed by 7 pm (local time) on the order’s requested delivery date. Not confirming orders can also impact the likelihood of you receiving Teleflora orders.

Do I need to send confirmations on all orders?
Yes. Please provide confirmations on both headquarters’ orders and florist-to-florist orders. Remember, confirmations are important to the sender and improve customer satisfaction, which reflects positively on the entire industry.

What if the delivery date changes?
Simply send Teleflora or the sending florist an inquiry message letting them know and confirm the order on the actual delivery date. If you receive a reminder to confirm the delivery on its original date, please disregard it.

What if the recipient is not at home or work?
Please send an inquiry message via Dove with the delivery status by 7 pm.

What if the recipient is in the ICU?

What if the funeral or viewing is a different day?

What if there are weather related issues that prevent delivery?

What if my same day delivery confirmation rate on my statement is not correct since I had an order with a delivery date change?
If there is a discrepancy, and you feel that an order should be marked as same day, but in our system it has been marked as next day, you have the ability to dispute the confirmation date. Simply fill out the Delivery Confirmation Dispute Form on myteleflora.com for any order that you have an issue with the delivery date.

What information do I need for the delivery confirmation dispute form?
In order to dispute a delivery confirmation on an order, you'll need the Dove order number, the new delivery date, the reason that the order's delivery date was changed and/or any additional comments or notes on the order.

What does the consumer receive after I confirm a delivery?
The order sender will get an email indicating that the order was delivered and the date of delivery.

How can I send a delivery confirmation?

Through your Dove or POS system - Click on your system name below to view instructions on how to provide confirmations:
Dove
DovePlus
DovePOS
Eagle
Daisy
RTI
MyTeleflora.com - From any computer, you can access MyTeleflora.com’s delivery confirmation page and quickly enter confirmations.

Dial 866.446.7321- Simply call 866.446.7321 with the order's dove number or headquarters' number and we'll do the rest for you.
Is there a phone number to call in to report delivery confirmations?
Yes, you can call 866.446.7321 with the order's dove number or headquarters' number and we'll do the rest for you. This toll-free number is a great resource to give your driver, who can call once all deliveries have been made.

What does the consumer receive after I confirm a delivery?
The order sender will get an email indicating that the order was delivered and the date of delivery.

Who in my shop should enter confirmations in my system?
In some shops, the delivery driver enters confirmations as the last part of their day or between delivery runs. In other shops, it is simply completed throughout the day.

Will I have to hire an additional person just to do delivery confirmations?
No. On average, it only takes five minutes to confirm orders.

How do I provide confirmations if I use a delivery co-op or pool?
Most delivery pools have rules in place involving the reporting of delivery issues. We suggest you confirm all deliveries after your pool’s deadline for reporting of non-deliveries has passed. This way, you can accurately reflect both confirmations and any delivery issues.

If I’m having a temporary technical issue such as a disruption of my internet service, is there a manual way I can provide confirmations?
Yes, you can call customer service at 800.421.2815 to report confirmed deliveries.

QUESTIONS?
Please send your question to us at [email protected] and we’ll make sure we include an answer in future updates to this information and announcements about delivery confirmations.

I was just reading that my self - what a joke!!! I doubt that anyone will actually follow the procedure - it would cost more then the $1 for all the time in labor to hassle with it, so yes we will be auto confirming regardless untill our final day is up. They are so clueless it astounds me!

Bloomnet had it right (even though it was wrong)... this is another example of charging the filler, while giving benefit to the originator, mostly order gatherers and company stores. While there is some value to the consumer, it's not based on the filler side, otherwise they would give you the customers email address and let you communicate with them directly.

I am going to the Florida State Florist Association meeting this weekend and I know my TF rep will be there. I plan to tell him my thoughts on it. Raul is pretty cool and sends it up the line, but I know he is frustrated that they do silly stuff like this. He actually tells us not to buy their codified glass unless we really like it plus other sensible advise, but I know his hands are tied.

A very telling statement. I highlighted the points of interest.

What does the
consumer receive after I confirm a delivery?

I thought as much. This is driven by order gatherers whining that they don't have dc's early enough and demanding penalties on the naughty little fillers.

What does the

I thought as much. This is driven by order gatherers whining that they don't have dc's early enough and demanding penalties on the naughty little fillers.

You are so Right!!!! Never thought of it - somehow I never thought about the impact the OG's wishes might be having - that explains so much!!!!!!!!!!

We have to do delivery confirmations with FTD. We take very few incoming FTD orders, and then only from real florists, but yes, I admit that we send confirmations out before we go home even thought we don't know for sure that the orders have been delivered.

We are in a delivery pool. The drivers are supposed to call us if something does not get delivered. Some drivers are better than others in letting us know.

Yes, delivery confirmations are totally worthless and a waste of time.

Interesting how TF have made the lack of delivery confirmations carry a fee just as the dead-line for possible terminations in a quarterly period has passed. Any florist that, for their own reasons, was undecided about terminating with TF but now feels as if they should, has to wait until the next but one, Nov '11 - Jan '12, is active, assuming they get their cancellation in before the end of August. TF are smart in that respect, that I give them.

Reactions: kt4ye
What I find frustrating is that NONE of TF's software products (Certainly not the Eagle that we have) is interface-able with standard email softwre so that when we complete a delivery, OUR customer is automatically notified of the delivery.

TF is PENALIZING us if we do not confirm a delivery while they INHIBIT us from doing so with our own customers.

It is my understanding that in contract law, generally one-way penalties are frowned upon and often dis-allowed.

All the best,

Bill

What I find frustrating is that NONE of TF's software products (Certainly not the Eagle that we have) is interface-able with standard email softwre so that when we complete a delivery, OUR customer is automatically notified of the delivery.

TF is PENALIZING us if we do not confirm a delivery while they INHIBIT us from doing so with our own customers.

It is my understanding that in contract law, generally one-way penalties are frowned upon and often dis-allowed.

All the best,

Bill

Very good points...and I agree vis-a-vis contract law.

In true TF fashion, TF florists who log in to their www.myteleflora.com account will find further and, I think, previously un-released info regarding the TF delivery confirmations. I think the un-released info is about rebates which, applicable on florist-to-florsit orders, if the delivering florist does not confirm, when supposed to, delivery details, the sending florist will get that $1.00 but only if the sending florist has a 100% delivery confirmation record themselves.

More complication but why didn't TF release that info yesterday in their e-mail advice to members and which Christi published at the start of this thread.

Hmmmm interesting twist with the 100% getting the "bonus" if the other shop doesn't confirm. I guess that is even MORE incentive for me just to click, click, click yes, yes, yes on all my delivery confirmations instead of using them as a useful, accurate form of communication with the hope that the other receiving shops don't give me a confirmation. "Sorry we don't know if your arrangement was delivered, 'cause the other shop didn't send a dc, but here's a dollar consolation prize for your trouble". I guess it is back to sending an inquiry or phone call every time I want to check up on an order. I really, really would have rather it stayed the other way and that dc's were optional, and no penalty so that when I do get a dc that I can more rightly assume that someone actually looked at their delivery log when they completed the dc. 50% dc's that are likely accurate are better for me than 100% dc's that are iffy.

Reactions: anytimeflowers

Bill

Dove POS has automatic email confirmations for the customer when the order is marked delivered.

But,yeah,this delivery confirmation stuff burns my bum.

What does the

Lovely, once again a way is found to blame the evil OG's when the real issue here is about our industry moving forward with the times and providing a level of customer service the consumer has come to expect and receives from virtually every other on-line gift purchase.

Why is it that as an industry we continuously search for excuses why we can't move forward. For fun lets list all the reasons for not providing delivery confirmation that have been brought forward over the years

1) I use a delivery service or delivery pool!
What these services don't have cell phones? How are they contacted or dispatched?

2) The only ones that want this are the OG's or WS's!
lol, This one kills me. The bottom line is this is a "Customer Service", the individual who benefits most from this is the actual consumer who sent the
order. If anything the OG's & WS's have recognized this fact while the retail florist for the most part is still denying it.

3) I am simply too busy!
Well rest assured that as an industry if we do not start providing the consumer with a higher level of service we will all have a lot more time on our hands. Say
what you want about Proflowers, but at least a customer can track their order.

4) It costs too much!
There is always a cost to ramping up customer service, however on the flip side we all know the eventual cost of not addressing consumer wants and needs.I
personally feel that any cost associated with confirming delivery should be viewed as an investment in your business (and in the industry as a whole). I imagine
that at one time retailers complained bout the high cost associated with installing one of the "phone" things in their stores, getting rid of their horse and buggy
in favor of a truck, or more recently investing in a website. Yet in the long run everyone of these changes both business and customer service. on a last note
about cost, can anyone actually provide a dollar figure as to the cost of confirming delivery?

Just to be clear on this, I am not suggesting that TF, FTD, or Bloomnet handles this in the idea way, just that it needs to be addressed and handled in a way that benefits the consumer.