Teleflora Mourns Floral Industry Icon Tom Butler

Katie Hendrick

Contributing Author
Jan 19, 2014
State / Prov
Florida
The entire Teleflora family is deeply saddened to announce that Teleflora Chairman and longtime floral industry leader, Tom Butler, has passed away after a battle with cancer. Tom Butler served as Chairman of Teleflora since 1995 and led Teleflora in its mission to serve as a trusted business partner, friend and innovator to independent retail florists across the U.S. and Canada. For many who knew Tom, he was considered to be the ‘Chief Champion of Florists’ – always there when they needed him, always understanding their issues and concerns, and always representing their cause. With nearly 50 years’ experience in the floral business, the last 30 with Teleflora, Tom was always the preeminent industry authority and visionary.

Our deepest and heartfelt sympathies go out to Tom’s family and friends. Tom’s presence in the floral industry will be felt for generations to come, and we salute the dedication and innovation he embraced during his many years of service. A memorial service celebrating Tom’s life will be held in Oklahoma City in early September. Details about the service will be available shortly.

Attachments

• Tom Butler.jpg
    Tom Butler.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 198
He was a heck of a guy - I always looked forward to chatting with him, and he was always gracious and eager to speak of the best aspects of the industry. We will all miss him - but from a business level I think Teleflora will especially miss him, as he had the rare ability to put a friendly human face on a corporate entity.

He was a heck of a guy - I always looked forward to chatting with him, and he was always gracious and eager to speak of the best aspects of the industry. We will all miss him - but from a business level I think Teleflora will especially miss him, as he had the rare ability to put a friendly human face on a corporate entity.