Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
I spent lunch today checking Google listings as I do once a week for Midland... just to make sure I still have the top spot for my listings...

Today I spent the time looking at the competitions sites, some of which were hard to locate and I noticed that 3 of the ones I looked at were all TF templates with the same images. That's bad enough, but the thing that got me was that they all had the same prices...and that on all 3 a dozen red vased was 10 bucks less than yellow or pink... odd.....

Question is, are these sites customizable? I mean where you can adjust the pricing?

Just curious....thanks.....

TF will supply you with a list to customize your prices and then you change the ones you want and fax the list back to them to update your website. I try to do it very carefully a few times a year (always before big holidays) to reflect our local market. It is very, very time consuming. Then you gotta go check that they did it right a few days later.

Boss, I can do all the changes myself from work or home. I can add my own product pics also. I can go in at anytime and delete, change or temporarily suspend an item. Yes, this is a TF site. I'm not sure if this is open to all members yet but I have been doing it for about 5 months now.

Knife's wife

P.S. We have a gazillion TF members in our area and most have not even done a @@@@ thing to even customise the "about us" page.

flowerknife+us said:
P.S. We have a gazillion TF members in our area and most have not even done a @@@@ thing to even customise the "about us" page.
Sad but true. We are also using the eflorist self-customization program. Florists can upload their own images, alter the descriptions, set their own prices and create categories.

We cannot change our 'About Us' page and still need to email Web Services for text/image changes outside the shoppping cart area. Overall, the do-it-yourself features are a big improvement.

Mark, all those sites look the same because many florists
- don't use the web and understand its effect on their business
- don't get any traffic so they think spending time on their site is a waste (when if they knew how little they needed to do to 'get found' they'd kick themselves)
- have given up

I see the same 'default settings' on many FTD sites. Call it "florists' inertia."

inertia or overwhelmed

Reading Parie venting tonite leads me to believe that it may not be so much inertia but just being overwhelmed..I for one have limited time to be involved in my website....as you can tell..it is functional, I use it primarily for corporate accounts and have interest but little time to futz with it. Plus there is a basic lack of understanding of coding etc....and little time to squeeze that in during the day. I have empowered the employees but I still run the ship and it is not smooth sailing everyday...so if others are like me , maybe just "feeling" like they have a web presence is enough...I know it isn't and you know it isn't but where do you squeeze it in? I seem to be working harder, making les money and yet have less time than I have ever had in my entiore life...I am not sure if I am having a life actually..too busy to figure that one out.going to bed....maybe I can dream about the good ole days when I worked less made oodles of money and did fun things on week-ends........oh yeah that was when I worked for someone else!!!!Have a good nite!

Status
Not open for further replies.