Too many Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot say for certain that having multiple domains pointing to your URL can dampen G Local listings, but it does look to be the case.

I know of a couple florists whose organic listings outclass the competitors by leaps and bounds, yet they seem to be dampened in G Local/Maps. In each case, the florist has a number of self-referring URLs pointed to their main listing. They have more indy citiations than anyone else, have claimed their listings and have their LBCs in order.... so it looks like the only differential is the multiple domains.

Some companies do seem able to evade the filter by using different names, contacts, addresses and hosting accounts for each domain.

Oh, good lord, my head would explode!

Reactions: Flowers By Faith
Multiple domains will really help you only if you dedicate time into setting up content for each as a website with sepcific marketing for each.

I have been reading allot the past few months trying to learn how best to do this, and having different IP addresses can be an important factor if you plan to link the sites together to aid in search engine optimization

Seems the best strategy is to build yourself, a ring of websites and interlink them with related content

I have spent the past 6 months working on the layout of my sites as I start to build them into my own online network

Status
Not open for further replies.