Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mioux

Dec 15, 2004
Carlyle
www.mioux.com
State / Prov
Illinois
Since the inception of a U.K. section, I have been finding it difficult to distinguish between the U.K, forums and the North America forums.

It is a bit confusing, due to the commonality of same named forums.

Can these forums and sub-forums be defined differently?

thanks
Joe

I should clarify,

I use the "New Posts" button to view forums and this is where the confusion lies.

An administrator on another forum once encouraged the use of the New Posts button in order to become more efficient when viewing threads.

V-Bulletin is a great platform for forums.

Joe

Since the inception of a U.K. section, I have been finding it difficult to distinguish between the U.K, forums and the North America forums.

It is a bit confusing, due to the commonality of same named forums.

Can these forums and sub-forums be defined differently?

thanks
Joe

Hi Joe

Uk girl here

I like trying to work out what you americans are talking about there are some differences then we all seem to want the same help, encouragement and a good old chin wag.

Hi Joe

Uk girl here

I like trying to work out what you americans are talking about there are some differences then we all seem to want the same help, encouragement and a good old chin wag.

HERE'S A CHIN WAG AND A GOOD MORNING WAVE FROM LONG ISLAND NY
:wave:

Hi Joe

Uk girl here

potty: hello,

I am all for everyone helping each other, however, there are/will be times when your UK issues, questions, problems are not pertinent to NA posters and vice versa.

A bit of refinement in the New Posts section is all I ask. Refer to the New Posts sections and you will see common names in the Forums columns, such as "Marketing, Delivery, Shop Talk, etc" Maybe some form of color coding of the type or something similar would allow for easy identification of UK v NA.

Joe

potty: hello,

I am all for everyone helping each other, however, there are/will be times when your UK issues, questions, problems are not pertinent to NA posters and vice versa.

A bit of refinement in the New Posts section is all I ask. Refer to the New Posts sections and you will see common names in the Forums columns, such as "Marketing, Delivery, Shop Talk, etc" Maybe some form of color coding of the type or something similar would allow for easy identification of UK v NA.

Joe

Hi Joe

I see you point but will you still go and have a nose at the uk forums?

I can see Joes point. I too use the "new posts" search so then I start reading the post and find myself say WHAT??? Then I realize it's our new friends from across the pond.

It's amazing this internet is a great tool that we are able to help each other and to realize the same problems can exists everywhere. It just makes it easier on the old brain to identify UK or NA.

A flag of our country next to our names would help identify where we are from as haven't a clue on where west bank is?

Perhaps we just need to get into the habit of checking the "location" and require that that is filled in accurately. City , State US or City Prov. or City, country would be really helpful.

Hi Joe

I see you point but will you still go and have a nose at the uk forums?

OH my nose will be in those forums, no doubt!

Perhaps we just need to get into the habit of checking the "location" and require that that is filled in accurately. City , State US or City Prov. or City, country would be really helpful.

Lorrie, this doesn't work when using the "New Posts" button. all you see is "shop talk" or "marketing" or "delivery". Which "shop talk", which "marketing" and or which "delivery" forum are we talking about? The original ones or the new U.K ones? There is no way of knowing unless you enter that thread.

Joe

I love Joe's idea. I also love that FC is spreading across the pond! Awesome Ryan!

It's interesting to read about another culture's issues within the same industry, so I do read the UK postings. But in the interest of time, I agree that a separate area would be beneficial, especially when searching for specific advice.

tracy

A flag of our country next to our names would help identify where we are from as haven't a clue on where west bank is?

The flag idea is pretty cool.
Could be used to clarify if a post is geographically specific.
Not sure if it would be an easy thing for the webmaster though !

We'll be avid readers either way !:ned

HI
Mark Smith and I both reside in the state of MICHIGAN.. [the only state that can be mapped on your HAND :) ] He is on the East side of the state and I reside on the WEST BANk - the prettier side that is! But we still appreciate him!!!

I love the language in the posts from the UK site. Saddly some or our colorful language tends to be of the nasty 4 letter types over here in the USA. (not here at flowerchat mind you.) and WELCOME

HI
Mark Smith and I both reside in the state of MICHIGAN.. [the only state that can be mapped on your HAND :) ] He is on the East side of the state and I reside on the WEST BANk - the prettier side that is! But we still appreciate him!!!

I love the language in the posts from the UK site. Saddly some or our colorful language tends to be of the nasty 4 letter types over here in the USA. (not here at flowerchat mind you.]

Going to have to look at the american map. when i get chance can't seem to stop typing on this site though its a bit addictive not in the shop for a couple more days so get it in while i can

xXx

Whre are we maps ?

Going to have to look at the american map. when i get chance can't seem to stop typing on this site though its a bit addictive not in the shop for a couple more days so get it in while i can

xXx

What is the actual town that you are in ?:ned

P.S.

Boss.............you started something with ManorMan.
He's popping up all over the place.
Need a much hairier version though !

I agree with Lorrie.. but right now there are a number of posters who did not put their real location when signing on.. such as 'the far side" always a bummer since lots of topics are region specfic. it would make this lots easier if everyone had to list their locations.. might make the board more reality based also??

Status
Not open for further replies.