Not open for further replies.

Eric S

Demoted Webmaster
Jul 12, 2005
Tustin
www.everydayflowers.net
State / Prov
CA
I have been experimenting with using flash and I love it. I think as long as I don't build the whole website using it it won't effect my SEO for the website.

Take a look at our new front page I created this morning..

www.everydayflowers.com

Looks nice, Eric...I think a flash accents really add some life to web pages, but still have my doubts about it in a e-commerce setting. Great for showing images, not so great for processing transactions and SEO.

BUT...flash is *so* web 1.0...maybe you should look into some AJAX?

Cool Eric. The only thing I see wrong is the all text that is within the EverydayFlowersAugust.swf file is taking up "content real estate" You can be using that text as <h1> or <h2> and google likes that.

In other words google spiders will not index "Orange County", so if I type in goolge, Orange county florist, you will miss the chance for that term to be indexed.

Looks great though! If you need help with flash, let me know. :) my latest flash product: www.myflowersoft.com - poor SEO I know.

orange county, designs, arrangement, same day delivery are all nice content for spiders to index for flower websites.

What you're not an order gatherer? I thought you gather orders, I saw the shopping cart and everything. :) heheheh

Hey seriously, don't you think that will only confuse an average customer? I bet 10 out of 10 customers I ask, do you know what an order gather is, they would say huh? You might get a customer who comes to yoru sight who isn't very bright and thinks too logical and see that and get confused.. I want to buy flowers here, but it looks like he isn't interest in gathering my order.

You don't want to make people think, you want to make it easy for them to put money in your pocket. They are there to buy flowers. :)

P.S. I am a full blown OG to tell you the truth, if I wasn't I would make $0. Am I a dOG? Naaaah Do I take orders over the phone/net and wire them out across the county? Heck no. Gatheirng Ordes isn't a bad thing, it's when you mislead the customer is when you become a dOG. Some customers like using a service where they order online and want you to wire it out. Bloomz can prove that many times over. Some get mad at him for doing this, but some don;t get the fact that you have a store front that servers your locals and an online store that serves those who want to be served, but this store isn't on main street, it's in every home in the US. As long as your honest Bloomz, I'll back you up even though you are an FTD whore! lol - Bloomz get your butt down here soon, it's my turn to buy lunch you old biker hippy!

Sorry Mr. E for getting off corse :) two things 1. use your flash TEXT in html form and 2. don;t confuse customers with what they might see "I don;t gather orders".

Status
Not open for further replies.