Not open for further replies.

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
What better way to attract attention to your website that to create a content driven article that pairs a current topic with flowers and then get it placed on a News site?

This morning I spotted Even Jessica Simpson Gets Flowers written by none other than Wesley Berry. The piece restates information widely found on the web and nicely promotes the benefits of giving and receiving flowers. A link to 800wesleys.com only appears in the author's credits, which seems more 'objective' than 'promotional'.

Members of FC have the opportunity to share information about a current topic by simply writing an article for the blog. For wider distribution, a press release site like PRWeb (which offer both free and paid distribution) can generate immediate attention.

Besides seeing your name in print and sharing a story about flowers, what's the benefit? Simply put - link juice to boost the page rank of your site.

Wesley was smart to use a much-Googled celebrity's name in his article so it will likely get picked up by other sites - each repeat bringing 800wesleys.com a new inbound, on-topic link (flowers).

Yahoo's Buzz Index provides a wealth of information about today's hottest topics with the Today's Top 20 Overall Search List showing some potentially good subjects to pair with flowers. Even the Internal Revenue Service (today's #4) could inspire an article about deducting flowers for both gifting and medicinal/therapeutic use. (OK, pretty tangential but possible. :rolleyes: )

OG Webmasters have been using these types of articles - placed in blogs and in news sites - to juice their site rankings for quite a while. It's well past time for more real florists to provide relevant content to the web and benefit from the effort.

Looking for a topic that's timely? Here are a few suggestions:

Prom Flowers - Trends, Ordering Advice, New Accessories
Mother's Day - History, Customs, Trends
Easter - Flowers in Praise and Celebration (church decor), Blooming Plants, Seasonal care and handling of spring flowers
Admin/Sec'y Week - Etiquette, Suggestions about selection based on Personality Type, History, Benefits
Sympathy - History, Trends, Benefits, Personalization of Floral Designs
Wedding - Trends, fashion, buying advice, new accessories, cool details

These kinds of articles needn't be long or comprehensive, just timely and fresh. If you'd like feedback on a proposed article, post it here and I'm sure other members will be happy to provide assistance.

Ever wish you could tell all your customers about something helpful, new or exciting about flowers? Here's your chance.

I think this is also a very good way to seperate yourself from the other guys on the web, and even in your community. You could do this by building a Blog and linking to it from your shop site and back again....

BOSS said:
I think this is also a very good way to seperate yourself from the other guys on the web, and even in your community. You could do this by building a Blog and linking to it from your shop site and back again....

You don't have to build your own blog, just post articles on the FlowerChat Blog and link it to your shop site. (Private Message the article to Boss or mlou to be posted) It will have the same affort and you don't have to deal with all the technical stuff...

Here's the article Kathy of Blossoms & Twigs Florist posted...
http://realflorists.flowerchat.com/index.php/a?cat=27

Here's the article Erlene of Rosemont Floral posted...
http://realflorists.flowerchat.com/index.php/a?cat=20

Eric S said:
How do you post articles on the real florist blog. It says I don't have permission?

Eric,

You need to "Private Message" or email the article to mlou (that's me!!!). We then post it for you. Spamming on these blogs are unbelievable...Blogs are the number one marketing tool at the monment.

You can post a comment without sending it to us...

Let me also take this time to remind new members to "PM" mlou (that's me)
to list your flower shop on the FlowerChat Blog Directory, both the USA or the Canadian Directory. It's free to FlowerChat members and it helps your website ranking in the search engines...

Web url
Shop name
Address
City State Zip
Toll Free #
Local #
Fax #
Email
Wire Services
Do you accect Direct Orders

Serving what area

Is there any part of this info that you don't want published

Thank you Rich for your article on making the Butterfly Wrist Corsage...
Hey florists, he did a wonderful job...

http://realflorists.flowerchat.com/index.php/a?cat=20

Anyone else want to promote their website?

Let's see, we have Penumbral Lunar Eclipse (3/14), Purim (3/14), St Patrick's Day (3/17), Vernal Equinox - Spring (3/20), International Earth Day (3/20), Doctor's Day (3/30) this month. And then in April, we have April Fool's Day (4/1), Daylight Savings Time Begins (4/2), Palm Sunday (4/9), Full Moon (4/13), Jewish Passover (4/13), Good Friday (4/14), Easter Sunday (4/16), Easter Monday Canada (4/17), Total Solar Eclipse (4/24), Administrative Assistants' Week (4/24 - 4/28), Arbor Day (4/22), Administrative Assistants' Day (4/26), Take Our Daughters to Work Day (4/27)

Mary Lou

My interest in articles is more from creating missing content about florists and flowers that purely posting 'promotional' words that read like 'blah, blah, blah' after a few sentences.

Thanks to the FC members that have contributed wonderful content to the blog. We need more, either on RF or on your own blog.

There is so little in the way of informational articles about our industry and what we really do. Believe me, I've looked.

My latest contribution in the blog world is about Palm Sunday.

Take a look at Mlou's list of upcoming holidays
Let's see, we have Penumbral Lunar Eclipse (3/14), Purim (3/14), St Patrick's Day (3/17), Vernal Equinox - Spring (3/20), International Earth Day (3/20), Doctor's Day (3/30) this month. And then in April, we have April Fool's Day (4/1), Daylight Savings Time Begins (4/2), Palm Sunday (4/9), Full Moon (4/13), Jewish Passover (4/13), Good Friday (4/14), Easter Sunday (4/16), Easter Monday Canada (4/17), Total Solar Eclipse (4/24), Administrative Assistants' Week (4/24 - 4/28), Arbor Day (4/22), Administrative Assistants' Day (4/26), Take Our Daughters to Work Day (4/27)
Surely many FC members have some thoughts about one of those occasions they'd like to share with the public. :)

Cathy
Thank you for this wonderful and informative article.
I would like to know where you find the time to do all you do with running a successful shop, he duties of Motherhood, Wife etc.
Thanks again

Here are some May subjects...

May Day (5/1)
Primero de Mayo - Mexico (5/1)
Cinco de Mayo - Mexico (5/5)
National Teacher Day (5/9)
National Teacher Appreciation Week (5/8-5/12)
Full Moon (5/13)
Mother's Day (5/14)
Armed Forces Day (5/20)
Victoria Day - Canada (5/22)
Memorial Day (5/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.