Valentine's Day Aftermath

No. They cannot 'make' anyone fill an order. It would violate federal price controls law. But when WSs tie sending to the volume a florist accepts without price changes, there a de facto component. So far WSs have found a bunch of shops to accept without complaining or asking for price changes. When they have more REJs than fills, they (WS) will actually pay attention to florists' messages.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
No. They cannot 'make' anyone fill an order. It would violate federal price controls law. But when WSs tie sending to the volume a florist accepts without price changes, there a de facto component. So far WSs have found a bunch of shops to accept without complaining or asking for price changes.............................

I also think the highlighted area shows they really just don't understand the numbers and how base line budgeting works. Buy high and sell low won't work forever!!

On a side note, a florist down the road, who we have a good relationship with, was telling Anette that TF would not give her a price change, and they told her she had to do the arrangement at the price given. We got rid of TF a long time ago, but find it hard to believe that they can enforce that. Anyone else with TF run into this? If they tried to pull that on me, I'd just toss the order. What's the worst they could do, not pay you on the order you didn't do?

If you don't reject it within a certain time frame, you own it. Then they CHARGE YOU DOUBLE for not filling it.

I also think the highlighted area shows they really just don't understand the numbers and how base line budgeting works. Buy high and sell low won't work forever!!
thread hijack, we are having a business workshop at our Spring Show and one of our most in the know "figure guys" is going over statements from many shops in Maine in regards to wire services and if the shops are making/losing monies. It will be presented as an "Is a wire service a good partner for your shop" type of thing. Shops have agreed to give their figures to him to evaluate and should prove very interesting because I know personally of one shop (a very old FTD member) who had a complete renovation of his store including entry, awnings, van wraps etc) to stay with FTD for contracted X years. He stated he received well over $25,000 worth of perks to retain FTD in the largest city in Maine. Although I only pay $29.99/month (no directory fees, no extra fees - I do have to fight every once and a while regarding some stupid charge).. I can count on one hand how many orders I receive in. Wonder who's filling those orders that used to flood in especially at holidays?

I know personally of one shop (a very old FTD member) who had a complete renovation of his store including entry, awnings, van wraps etc) to stay with FTD for contracted X years. He stated he received well over $25,000 worth of perks to retain FTD in the largest city in Maine.
P.T. Barnum was a visionary... there IS a sucker born every minute...