Version 3 Shopping cart

David

Jan 21, 2003
Cambridge
www.centralsquareflorist.com
State / Prov
Massachusetts
I was testing the cart in Martins web site. I have questions about it. I was troubled that there was no calender when putting in the delivery date. The lack of calender is unprofessional, allows past date to be put in by customer and if entered wrong will not import into mercury correctly.
While I like the customer does not have to register it should still be an option. How does my existing customers log in to there account?
I would like to see card message and a card signature box separate. This may be a custom choice already in place.
I did not see a pick up option. I did not see shipping fee by zip code or postal code. This may be individual choice.
The you may also like seems to be you have viewed before.

Good questions :)

1) There is a calendar that pops when you click in the date field. There may have been a browser or plugin issue that prevented it, which we'll investigate.
2) There is an update to the package that Martin's is using that has much better date blocking, and may also correct issue #1.
3) We're working on an enhanced address book, etc. The V2 version did not work well, so we started with an improved checkout, and we're building from there.
4) We'll take the card & signature idea under advisement, but we have to balance that against simplicity of the checkout flow. Every additional field is an opportunity for user error and confusion.
5) Pick up is an option, if enabled.
6) All shipping is determined by postal/zip code.
7) The real estate on the product detail page can be used for whatever you want. Martin's is currently showing a breadcrumb of previously viewed items. You can use nothing, for a simpler, cleaner page, or you can put something else in that area.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I was using a mac with firefox 3.61. Yesterday a pc with firefox. The calender does not work with safari. I would expect that you have tested on ie, firefox and safari on all recent versions to make sure the cart and web site is working correctly.
Will my existing customers with saved information password ect. be able to log in to the new cart?
While card message is ok. I like the idea of a signature field. I would make the card message mandatory and the signature not. Nice reminder for people to sign the card.
I like recently viewed. You call it you may also like. I would suggest calling it recently viewed. Operation is fine on the site.