Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
I am in a mall and severeal years ago I notice especially at holliday times, customers coming in to buy those enclosure cards. One day I ask why, and the customer said she purchased flowers downstair at the grocery store and wanted a card. Well all of my enclosure cards are tag with my name and address and that is why I decided not to sell anymore cards to anyone. I have no problem telling the people why i am doing this now and some even said that was their purpose, buy cheaper downstair and put my card to their crap.

So beware, it may be a policy you want to look at in your shop.

No card with my name goes on sub standard product.

Luc

I am in a mall and severeal years ago I notice especially at holliday times, customers coming in to buy those enclosure cards. One day I ask why, and the customer said she purchased flowers downstair at the grocery store and wanted a card. Well all of my enclosure cards are tag with my name and address and that is why I decided not to sell anymore cards to anyone. I have no problem telling the people why i am doing this now and some even said that was their purpose, buy cheaper downstair and put my card to their crap.

So beware, it may be a policy you want to look at in your shop.

No card with my name goes on sub standard product.

Luc

Believe it or not...this problem goes back 15 years for me!

My first location was located two blocks from the navy base. Sailors use to come in almost daily for just an enclosure card.

Started to ask what they needed them for, & got the same answer as Luc.

Began by charging .25/card, but it didn't stop.

Then, I started to keep a package of blank enclosure cards with nothing on the front & nothing on the back (no store imprint).

If they wanted a card, that's what they got.

Still charged .25...but after 6 months the problem stopped!!!

A new bride and groom brought in a vase they received when they got married. Someone had put a Ferrari sticker on it (must have taken it off a ribbon?) Had to tell them that I have never carried that vase. Felt bad but you could tell it was purchased at a discount store.
Sharon

Yup, same thing happened to me.

Get this,,,

A girl I went to High school with would make her crappy arrangements from flowers she bought who knows where and then come into the shop I was managing and buy capri cards from me. At first she told me she was putting the cards on gifts, ok.

But then one day, about the third time she came in to but a card, she says "oh this one isn't stamped" I said "So"
She proceeds to tell me "Well I want them to think that the flowers came from here"
And said it as if I were to be flattered!!
Stupid woman!

No more cards for you! Or anyone!

OMG!! Are you serious? I can not believe people have the nerver to do that let alone say that!!

Our enclosure cards are for purchase of our floral products only.

I had a lady come in a while ago to buy some supplies. She asked if she could also have a card. I said sure, which floral arrangement from my cooler would you like? She said she was making her own, that is what the supplies were for. (I knew that, I'm not stupid) I told her my enclosure cards are for floral purchases only. She offered to pay for them. I declined. She wasn't very happy, but she left without a card.

that is why we now sell cards2match.

We learned that lesson long ago when a lady came in to buy a "fork" card and envelope. When we asked why? she told us she had dug up a garden mun from her yard and wanted to take it to the funeral home visitation. I didn't want any part of that action :)

Status
Not open for further replies.