Water source for pew aisle arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.
All great ideas!

VNance, where did you purchase the glass cones?

I just saw glass cones with holes in the backs on the Sullivan's truck a couple of days ago. If I remember correctly, I thought they were reasonably priced too!

I here ya' rewolf about getting the heebie-jeebies.

I agree.... too much work covering the cemetary cones, and having to drill holes.

The pre-mades are definitely a good idea... will keep that in mind for future weddings.

What I've decided to do is use bell shaped glass votive holders, which I found at www.flowersandsupplies.com - with the holes already there. All I have to do is tie the ribbon. Definitely no worries about the water source, esp no worries about the hydrageas wilting. YAY!

This was a request of the bride at the last minute. Luckily she trusts my expertise - whew! So, I wasn't locked into the idea of a pew cone.

Once again, thanks fellow florists!

paper cones

I hve been doing this with heavy paper stock. as far as a water source, I cut my stems short and place them in a plastic bout bag with very wet cotton(like orchids sometimes come) and secure with a rubber band. In the base of the cone a put a small square of dry foam. ribbon, wire or kabob stick skewered thru helps keep them secure. I also make a base out of 8" square wood with a large (4") nail sticking up. paint it white and coordinate the edge with appropriate ribbon. the cones can then go from the pew to the reception simply by sliding the cone over the nail. the foam keeps them straight. It looks great with topiaries on the alternate tables. hope it helps. I might be able to dig up a picture if interested

Wendy

I actually found the glass cones at a dollar store of all places, but that was a few years back. I love them because all I have to do is change the ribbon and they will match any decor.

Hello fellow florists!

I have an upcoming wedding where the bride wants simple arrangements of hydrangea and roses in a cone-shaped container, that's hung from the pew aisle.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/the...g_details=Ceremony,Ceremony+Decor&pageIndex=3

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/the..._details=Ceremony,Ceremony+Decor&pageIndex=25

Does anyone know where I can get the cone containers? Is is possible to make it out of fine stationary (paper)? If so, what kind of water source would best be used since I'll be using hydrangeas?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
try vellum paper from Michaels if interested I can mail you a template for the cone ...... use regular foam....attach to pews with pew clips/ribbon/wrapped wire etc.

works great...I have used this 2 times with great success.

phone 773---779-4400 if you're in a hurry !

jean

Status
Not open for further replies.