Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
did some serious number crunching, and found that TF was NOT the answer to my wire service business,and, with the increase in DOVE fees, no longer fits MY profile as an affordable WS, so, TODAY, our termination papers are filed!!
For ALL of you out there, the cost of TF is getting out of control, and is now NO LONGER the alternative WS, for us anyways, the costs are going up again, and our "cost per order" is now out of line with what I'm willing absorb.
I've challenged ETFA, and so far, they are ALSO not the answer to our needs, so, FTD only is the way it's gonna be....
Mike:(

Welcome to the club Mikey....

Alas you be correct...

I hear that TF will be raising the Dove fee again in December....

And I have it on good authority, that FTD WILL NOT be raising fees anytime soon....they got an ear full last week, while 20 of us we in the offices, and they know what they have to do, to keep us happy...

And ya'll know, that when that comes down to keeping ME happy, they at least listen, even if they don;t agree with ME....but, they do see the ig picture mych more clearly these days...

TF on the other hand, is still thinking they are king of the hill, and can do whatever they want, kinda like FTD did a couple years ago, until they learned their lesson the hard way...

Mikey,

Glad to hear you've come to a decision. I know it's one you've put a lot of thought into over the last couple years.

For us, the numbers were different. This should serve as a reminder to every shop that in many regards we are unique from each other; we each have to look at our own numbers.

This Dove increase, while I don't like it, is the first in 6 years. I guess it had to happen at some point.

Point to the TF staff who read this board:
Perhaps you could explain to us why an INCREASE in Dove users, and therefore an increase in Dove revenue, translates to an increase in Dove fees for each user?

Really????

We have had the Dove since it was called Terrasys and when Teleflora first got the it and changed it to the Dove it cost us either $24.95 or $29.95 a month. And is was .50 per order recieved. And then it went up to $39.95 and then later the .50 fee went up to .75 and the monthly fee went up to $49.95. And now it is going up to $59.95.

And all of this has been within 6 years... It may be different in Canada but our fees have went up more than double in the last 6 years for the dove in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.