Wesley Berry and the BBB... the real story!

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
I'd like to direct your attention to the newest page on FloristDetective.com regarding Wesley Berry, and their ongoing reputation management scheme involving the BBB... they have figured out a way to collect consumer complaints prior to them reaching the BBB... also interesting, to me anyway, is that florists continue to fill for these unscrupulous people, and that SAF and Teleflora continue to support and protect them.

Read it here: Wesley Berry and the BBB

Does the Better Business Bureau know about this?

More proof this company has no ethics and do will whatever it takes to game consumers.

On a related note, they seem to be optimizing Wesley Berry's personal page on LinkedIn and are pointing numerous links from their sites to that page. The LinkedIn page features a parade of the company's accolades included being named a Top 5 Teleflora member. My guess is the page promotion is to help push down the negative results from other sites. Ideas?

I sent a link of Marks article to The Consumerist. hope they run with it. I wonder if the red tape chronicles would be interested. they like consumer rip off stories

I sent a link of Marks article to The Consumerist. hope they run with it. I wonder if the red tape chronicles would be interested. they like consumer rip off stories
Send it.... everywhere ;)

I'm pretty sure that's what they're working towards Cathy, the pressure is building within the florist community to deal with this type of issue... finally... as more florists group up, and decide to move in a mutually common direction folks like Wesley will have a harder time getting orders out.

Man that is just sneaky.

I'm forwarding the info to TF.
I wouldn't.........................they are likely to copy the idea!!!!!!

More proof this company has no ethics and do will whatever it takes to game consumers.

On a related note, they seem to be optimizing Wesley Berry's personal page on LinkedIn and are pointing numerous links from their sites to that page. The LinkedIn page features a parade of the company's accolades included being named a Top 5 Teleflora member. My guess is the page promotion is to help push down the negative results from other sites. Ideas?

Ava's Flowers are doing the same thing on LinkedIn... I was wondering why?

I don't think you need to send it to TF. I think they know all about it and choose to ignore it as long as he sends orders TF.

View attachment 15651
Very true... also in this image, Tom Butler and Kathy Petz from Teleflora, and even sadder Rod Crittenden the Executive Director of the Michigan Floral Association... exactly what's wrong with the industry... more info coming soon ;)

Ava's Flowers are doing the same thing on LinkedIn... I was wondering why?
Tom, document it, grab some screen shots.... FloristDetective is looking for info on order gathering operations to include in the new list being worked on.

I am amazed how shamless he is. Check out this 3 rose bud vase image. Regular price was $54.99???? Really?? No wonder he has money to spend on deceptive order gathering!

How funny to run across a price slasher ad while reading this :
I would submit, subject to testing of course, that the tried and true (and now extremely tired) approach of telling the consumer that an item is offered at a deep, deep discount compared to its normal price, is a bit overdone and dated—especially if the item has never before been offered anywhere at any price. Such copy serves only to activate the reader's BS detector,
if the reader has been around long enough to acquire one

Read more:
http://www.marketingprofs.com/artic...gn=basic&utm_term=writing&utm_content=article

It is a marketing article about writing ad copy, but I would say the same holds true for internet pricing as well.

Reactions: CHR and Toddxxx