What the Hell!!!!!!!!!

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Sent an order for a fruit & diabetic candies for delivery Christmas Week to a Teleflora florist that did the same order last year for us. I even said on the order that the customer enjoyed their basket last year.

Not more than 30 minutes I get a refusal with this message
"No longer accepting orders for this holiday/occasion."

20 days notice and they still can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Un believable!

Luc

It might have been a mistake. People make them as we full well know! I'd give them call and make sure. They may have thought it was for Thanksgiving and was that if they sent it today ( or whatever- they would look like they messed up and missed the Thanksgiving holiday...wait was it in Canada or the USA? Regardless- I'd just call them.

Luc, I know some folks that have simply suspended their systems...already... tired of the wsBS and OGBS... give 'em a ring...

Reactions: Victoria
Called and they are not taking any more orders as they are closing for good!!!!!!!!!!
It would make sense to turn off their dove so we do not waste time.

Luc

Called and they are not taking any more orders as they are closing for good!!!!!!!!!!
It would make sense to turn off their dove so we do not waste time.

Luc
Sadly, I know some that have/are/and are planning to do that too end of the year...

Who was it that said, "Playing with flowers all day must be so much fun"?.....

you would have thought they would have tried to at least hold on till valentines day...just goes to show ya we all have to be creative to stay in business with this economy and all the other factors too...sad though. i've had so many florists go out of business on me over the years and its really disheartning becasue they become your friends.

luc,

what about just packing and shipping the basket from your store directly to the consumer. we've done that before and it works out pretty well.

Reactions: Victoria
you would have thought they would have tried to at least hold on till valentines day..
Not really... why pay three more months overhead if you can't make it now? If you're not making money, or at least breaking even, there's little point...

you would have thought they would have tried to at least hold on till valentines day...just goes to show ya we all have to be creative to stay in business with this economy and all the other factors too...sad though. i've had so many florists go out of business on me over the years and its really disheartening because they become your friends.
No, I'd say once the decision is made, it's best to get out asap.....as frustration sets in, it make things worse!
Luc, for the record, I've hit 4 so far, that won't accept new orders for the same reasons.....