Whitening background to website images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the flowers really pop against the black background. And the black velvet gives the background more dimension. Beautiful!

For the designs shows at our local wholesalers' they use black background too. Makes everything look rich.

Thanks for sharing.

i used to take picture but now my boss has this whole company doing his marketting for him and they've convinced him to do the pictures as well and i've seen their professional photographers do the work. It's funny that they use very very low lighting and white backgrounds and well, here's a pic

HW0_206071.jpg

and this is what I did last year

HW0_69369.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
for all of our photos, and lighting is critical - but the black background is easier to clean up (usually just around the edges). Get a piece of black velvet and use it as a backdrop, it absorbs all of the light and the flowers really pop off of the black. It may not work for all applications, but it's consistent and we have a photo area set up with a digital camera so any of the designers can photograph an arrangement.

I also use photoshop for all of our retouching - have heard that corel works well but we already had the photoshop software from our past life.
HEY!!!
I made that arrangement! What do you guys think????

Hi there,

I take all the pics and do all the designs for our webite and it is not easy! Thats for sure. I use a light box with 6 spotlights and 4lights over the top of the light box..The best way to get cleaner images for the site is to take over exposed and under exposed images and then merge them on top of each other. I have a guy at work who also is excellent at cleaning up the odd petals and foliages with phot shop. Hope this helps.
Chrissy www.iflorist.co.uk

I think it's fabulous. Gorgeous! Hope it's on your website so flower buyers can see what you're capable of. :)
oh... my... gosh!!
i'm seriously not trying to stroke any ego, but coming from you a "I think it's fabulous"
means SOOO much to me!!!! thank you!!

Hi there,

I take all the pics and do all the designs for our webite and it is not easy! Thats for sure. I use a light box with 6 spotlights and 4lights over the top of the light box..The best way to get cleaner images for the site is to take over exposed and under exposed images and then merge them on top of each other. I have a guy at work who also is excellent at cleaning up the odd petals and foliages with phot shop. Hope this helps.
Chrissy www.iflorist.co.uk
Thanks Crissy, I am going to try something like that.

Your Product "Multi Image" has given me inspiration to use mine more often. http://www.iflorist.co.uk/p-1508-butterfly-cushion-tribute.aspx

Most of our stuff won't fit in the cube.

Hi there, sorry I naturally asumed that everyone uses a cube so I forgot to mention that... it was late on Saturday night after a few glasses. lol. I have every size cube going and I also use a huge backdrop roll for larger items like coffin tops, and sprays etc. The smaller cubes are great for wines and champagnes, choccies etc...
good luck.. chrissy

Hi there, sorry I naturally asumed that everyone uses a cube so I forgot to mention that... it was late on Saturday night after a few glasses. lol. I have every size cube going and I also use a huge backdrop roll for larger items like coffin tops, and sprays etc. The smaller cubes are great for wines and champagnes, choccies etc...
good luck.. chrissy
"coffin tops"?????? is that like muffin tops???

Status
Not open for further replies.