Why do you make it so hard to Post a New Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Carlson

Aug 26, 2004
Janesville
www.fairviewflorist.com
State / Prov
WI
First, this is from an old Geezer, Proof that is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

It really is frustrating to post a new thread.

How did I get here? I have no idea but can't resist the opportunity to ask why you don't have a tab for "Start New Thread"

Tom...Um.... you did just post a new thread.... :)

Maybe I can help....

When you would like to start a new thread, first click the FlowerChat logo above, then scroll through the forum list and decide which one is best for the topic you have in mind (we can move them if you get something in the wrong place) then click that forums name in the list.

This will bring you into the forum where you will see all the threads in that forum. If your topic is not already covered, simply click the button that says **New Thread** and your off and running....

mark

Posting a new thread

Yes sir, I got there, but only after about 20 minutes.

Why not have a drop down menu titled NEW THREAD in a very OBVIOUS PLACE?

Give me time, I'll learn. Guess I am impatient. My mother used to say in a stern but motherly voice, "When I say jump, you better ask "How far?" on the way up.

Tom Carlson said:
Why not have a drop down menu titled NEW THREAD in a very OBVIOUS PLACE?
If we had it in a drop down menu, it creates the issue of not ending up in the right forum, the list would be too long, if the drop down went to a next page adding a step in the process to select a forum it would be adding another step to the process.

Hang in there Tom...you're getting there...any questions, just ask...

I don't actually see how it can be more obvious than to have a fairly large button at the top right of the screen when you enter into the section of the board you want to post in. A drop down would be 10 times less obvious.

I agree

I am very new to all of this and have wanted to post a couple of questions and I'm getting the message that i'm not allowed to post threads because I have not earned that right. So what do I have to do to earn that right?

slcummins said:
I am very new to all of this and have wanted to post a couple of questions and I'm getting the message that i'm not allowed to post threads because I have not earned that right. So what do I have to do to earn that right?

I'm at a loss to explain this one, other than if you were trying to post in certain forums, as there are a few that only allow Administrators to start threads in them, like the Announcements thread. I have not heard of the "you have not earned the right" response.

Can you tell me where you were trying to start a new thread?

If you follow the instructions I outlined for Tom, you should be able to, as far as I know, unless there has been a change in the platform I don't kow about...

I will investigate...

There are new thread and post reply buttons on the left , top and bottom, not sure why that is so hard. GL Boss :) Once you've helped them Mark, can you help me find my marbles?

Dazeal said:
GL Boss :) Once you've helped them Mark, can you help me find my marbles?
Sure, but we'll have to plug a few holes so they stop falling out :)

slcummins said:
The only thing I can think of is that you were trying to post in a forum marked for Admins only. The rest of the forums are open - and you've made 7 posts already.

I'll look into this further just to be sure.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.