Wire service for home based business?

Geraniumsred

Mar 9, 2011
Waltham
State / Prov
MA
Hiya!
I've been looking through all the threads on wire services, and still haven't quite found the answers I need.

For a small home-based business that doesn't do a lot of volume (yet), is there a wire service that I can use that: Allows me to use my own website, lets me place and receive orders online (no POS), and doesn't cost a fortune? FSN looks like the best option, but I wonder if anyone else has been in this spot?
I'd love to use independent florists, but sometimes I spend so much time searching for a florist I like in a different state, that it seems like a waste of time.
Thanks for your help!

Hiya back!

FSN is by far your best bet if you already have a website and don't need any of the other technologies. Just so you know, if they do not have someone in the network for a specific city, they are also members of TF and so can still get your order done but of course you then lose control of who does fill it.

jmo

Reactions: Geraniumsred
Not sure you would qualify for FSN...they have stricter rules than the other about what qualifies as a store front business, I am not sure they will qualify a home based biz has a store...ftd, TF and 800-flowers will sign anyone at all regardless of where they operate out of or how they operate...

Not sure you would qualify for FSN...they have stricter rules than the other about what qualifies as a store front business, I am not sure they will qualify a home based biz has a store...ftd, TF and 800-flowers will sign anyone at all regardless of where they operate out of or how they operate...

They only require a pulse, no heart required....................

Whoops! You're right Lori, I didn't think of that. Like Rick says, the others.........

Hmm... maybe I'll have to rethink this.
I feel like when I search for florists in a different area, they all have FTD or TF websites, or no website at all. Frustrating.

Reactions: theRKF
What is your website address? I'd like to take a peak please.

My opinion, stay away from any WS's. You'll keep more of your money in your pocket.

Do you have plans to open a store front some day?

What is your website address? I'd like to take a peak please.

My opinion, stay away from any WS's. You'll keep more of your money in your pocket.

Do you have plans to open a store front some day?

Hey C!!! How are you doin'? E-mail me sometime!!

FSN was actually really quick to respond to me, and very helpful. I am now a member. I'm not sure how much volume I'll do, but it won't take much to make up the cost.
I do hope to have a storefront at some point, but right now I still do more horticultural work than floral. Most of the floral work I do is for regular clients, parties, small weddings, etc.
My website is www.geraniumsred.com I just added the "store" page recently, and I'm still working on taking pictures and adding products.
Thanks for all the help!

When you say volume...are you after incoming or outgoing wires??

You won't get much incoming from FSN, and outgoing you control...

FSN was actually really quick to respond to me, and very helpful. I am now a member. I'm not sure how much volume I'll do, but it won't take much to make up the cost.
I do hope to have a storefront at some point, but right now I still do more horticultural work than floral. Most of the floral work I do is for regular clients, parties, small weddings, etc.
My website is www.geraniumsred.com I just added the "store" page recently, and I'm still working on taking pictures and adding products.
Thanks for all the help!

guess that shows FSN wants "bodies" added to their fold. I don't understand if you are a full service flower shop or not. If not, how do you expect to fulfill orders if you do receive them?

guess that shows FSN wants "bodies" added to their fold. I don't understand if you are a full service flower shop or not. If not, how do you expect to fulfill orders if you do receive them?

Wow, rude.
I have a cooler, I go to the flower market in the mornings, I have a delivery vehicle. Just because I run another business doesn't mean I can't fill a couple orders every day.

Wow, rude.
I have a cooler, I go to the flower market in the mornings, I have a delivery vehicle. Just because I run another business doesn't mean I can't fill a couple orders every day.

Chill out Geranium! Rhonda was just asking a question as you were not clear in your intro. We are all professional business people here. :)

Thanks for all the help!

Well whaddaya know- I guess FSN isn't the "good guys" they claim to be, eh?

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
I aint mad at 'cha for having a home based business. I've gone back and forth myself about opening one.

Teeny bit of advice- what you pay for in wire service fees I seriously doubt you'll get what you are after. Plus you won't be making 100% on your orders- FYI.

If I ever did a home based floral business I sure as hell wouldn't give a dime to a WS. No way no how.

Thanks for starting this thread. I do believe that a lot of peoples opinions (on this board) will change even if slightly about FSN. I know mine has.