Wire services authorising rose downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrington

Staff member
Dec 18, 2006
London
www.fandwb.com
State / Prov
England
I have been told that both Interflora and Flowers Direct in the UK have verbally told members that it will be OK to reduce the stem length of roses to fit the price point as rose prices are still high.

Given the photographs show head sizes that, to me, require a long stemmed rose, this could backfire if customers see it doesn't look the same as the picture.

Nothing has been put in writing but I wondered, before I wade in, if any other florists have been told this.

Thanks

Carrie

I have been told that both Interflora and Flowers Direct in the UK have verbally told members that it will be OK

Nothing has been put in writing
Thus putting the onus on the filler...

RUN Florist RUN...

THEY.....can "suggest" all they want.....in the end, it's the REAL FLORISTS that make this thing work, and if florists WON'T play with certain "unorganizations", then those "organizations" are no longer needed!!
A POX on them, to hint at such things.....IF it comes outta MY shop, it`s either MY WAY, or NO WAY!!

How 'kind of them'! I spoke to a lady at my wholesalers last year and she was in bits over the prices. If she did as they (relay) said she would be lossing on average £20.00 per standard red rose order. I worked out mine and on some of the Teleflorist RR hand tieds with hypericum I would have lost about £30.00 per order to look like they should have with top grade roses.

Status
Not open for further replies.