WireServiceEmployee Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

WireServiceEmployee

Aug 22, 2008
Anytown
State / Prov
NY
I have heard about this place for years - florist say, hey have you read flowerchat so here I am. I am no longer in the industry - also not out for revenge with the wire services but thought I would peek my head in here and shed some honest light if anyone was curious.

I asked a salesrep one time jokingly - how do you sleep at night and I was told on a gold filled pillow which is the main reason I am out of the industry.

Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
That's quite a tickler you just put out there, the idea of behind the scenes info.

Please tell us a little about your past employment in the floral industry.

thanks!

I am interested to know a bit about you and your past history before voting as your about me is a bit vague...Thanks for your interest in our community..

Welcome WireServiceEmployee.

All the mystery surrounding your intro. has my curiousity peaked! I am picturing you backlit (with a shadowed face) like one of those anonymous witnesses on TV.

I hope you will stick around and join in the madness!!!

Only worked for 2 of the wire services and I just thought to myself after I posted... I wonder if the wire service mafia might look for me. A total of about 4 years in the business. Everytime I thought that I'd heard it all, I would hear something that makes even less sense with regard to a wire service.

I've got some time on my hands looking for a J.O.B. and thought I would look around but then found that I had to sign up. Quite a process here, can't lurk in the threads.

I do miss talking with shops, crazy bunch.

I am interested to know a bit about you and your past history before voting as your about me is a bit vague...Thanks for your interest in our community..

You don't have to vote me in. To be honest, this is just a phase and I won't be a long time member, just have some extra time on my hands since I QUIT!!!

I've got some time on my hands looking for a J.O.B. and thought I would look around but then found that I had to sign up. Quite a process here, can't lurk in the threads.

I do miss talking with shops, crazy bunch.
Yes, that's kind of the point- to have a varied membership, who participates and doesn't just lurk. The WS are also here, to an extent, though if you aren't seeking a job with them again it shouldn't matter to you too much I would think.

How long ago did you work in the industry, and at what type of position in the WS?

Welcome WireServiceEmployee.

All the mystery surrounding your intro. has my curiousity peaked! I am picturing you backlit (with a shadowed face) like one of those anonymous witnesses on TV.

I hope you will stick around and join in the madness!!!

I did sign a confidentiality contract and we all know who has the money if I slander someone. So yes, shadowed face. I could write a book on crap I've heard - never with any resolution.

You don't have to vote me in. To be honest, this is just a phase and I won't be a long time member, just have some extra time on my hands since I QUIT!!!

Ah, if this is the case, then stay here in the new member area, and vent away. No need for full access as a registered user, then.

Yes, that's kind of the point- to have a varied membership, who participates and doesn't just lurk. The WS are also here, to an extent, though if you aren't seeking a job with them again it shouldn't matter to you too much I would think.

How long ago did you work in the industry, and at what type of position in the WS?

That makes a lot of sense. Definately out of the industry as there is only 1 left that I have not worked for and that is FTD. I worked in sales and customer service. I still could use a reference though.

Enjoy your stay in the new member area, as there is not much motivation to have you as a member...I am sorry that you feel the way you do.

So if I understand right, the WS uses the court system frequently? They beat the real florists into submission using a gavel?

When, oh when, please tell me when, will this industry learn? :mad:

I think the book was called "Stop and SELL the Roses". I read it a long time ago. Pretty good book but it was mostly about his life and experiences.

Well u spoke of the mafia first so .....I have seen the Godfather movies.
Even if you are just an on looker flower chatters want some proof! So anty up Fredo!
Tell us something you can prove, that will knock our socks off, AND that we don't already know. Prove your loyalty to this family and we will let you kiss the Don's ring.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.