Worse than cheap underwear!

KABERS

Jan 3, 2005
la porte
www.kaberfloral.com
State / Prov
in
We have a small dance tomorrow and I was running low on wristlets. The new ones are imperial instead of ladyfair. They are itchy and stiff and the elastic is less than elastic. Reminds me of old underwear.
The lesson is; DON"T wait till the last minute to restock!

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in quality stock items? We've had instant oasis that was "never" soak instead of instant and vases with round bottoms. quality?

Reactions: Carol Bice
yes
bout pins. they seem to loose their little black bead more than they stay attached..

latex balloons. what happed to the overage% to make up for all the bad ones and lately they have been bad.

Also bout and corsage pins bend too easily now, and I have had some very bad pop up vase boxes lately that just rip apart when you open them. I got some card board trays that recently came with atleast 10 % missing the tabs on one end so the side won't stay up. Plastic liners for baskets with cracks, holes in vases, the list goes on. Quality is missing in everything these days. I feel like an old lady talking about the good old days.

Do you think there is any hope that all this poor quality will lead back to America actually manufacturing again. Will consumers say enough is enough?

Do you think there is any hope that all this poor quality will lead back to America actually manufacturing again. Will consumers say enough is enough?

Not a chance. Nobody wants to pay more for American made products,especially in a bad economy. People don't seem to make the connection that putting people back to work by manufacturing in America would do a lot towards improving things economically. It's even hard to get people to buy from a local Independent instead of Walmart because cheaper is better in most people's minds or it's all they can afford.

Plastic liners for baskets with cracks, holes in vases, the list goes on. Quality is missing in everything these days. I feel like an old lady talking about the good old days.

OOH, that one really gets me. I bought a whole bunch of tin pails with liners and everyone of them leaks (tiny little pinholes that you can't see and don't start leaking until you get the foam in and start designing).