Would you trust ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistinctiveFlorist

Mar 18, 2006
Portland, Michigan
State / Prov
Michigan
Would you trust flower buyer for wedding flowers? I have a bride that wants lots of callas in the wedding and trying to decide if I should chance trying to get them on auction from FlowerBuyer.

What are your thoughts?

Wanda

Callas were hit or miss when we bought them from flowerbuyer.com. We did use them for a couple of large weddings that used only hydrangea. The hydrangea came in great. We held our breath though, much of what we got from flowerbuyer was not always good. They give you credit but you can't get replacements for wedding flowers from them (or couldn't anyway) so if they come in bad you're left scrambling to source them locally.

The lure of saving on the hydrangea was too great though, we chanced it and were lucky. We saved hundreds of dollars on each wedding.

Not sure what I would've done if the hydrangea had come in bad....sure glad I didn't have to find out.

We do not use flowerbuyer.com any more.

Our experience has show that when you do your bids using the professional bidding we have rarely had problems with the product. If you are doing your homework you should be able to choose the right grower to get the best product. Also having the flowers shiped via airport instead of fed-ex ( I still love the fact that every box comes with a complementery shoe print right in the center of your crushed flowers) usually no problems with product and if you set it up right you can usually pick up the flowers same day that they are shipped.

Eric, I'm glad you have had a positive experience with flowerbuyer. Our problems with the callas were all with the same grower and they had a very favorable rating. We always picked our flowers up at fedex, they never sat on a truck.

As suggested, pre-book using the professional buyer program, or try the Dutch product. We've had few problems with FB auction product, but I don't want to take chances with weddings.

Ryan

Last July, I had a large party for the local hospital and I bought all the product from auction weeks in advance. When the boxes arrived, the white dendrobiums were toast. They replaced overnight with a perfect box. Tuberose fell apart upon extraction from the package, replaced them overnight also, with perfect product. I think it may be hit or miss, but I have (last year) used them for "package style" weddings. All roses/spray roses and have not had problems. I haven't ordered much through them this year, especially since the flooding problems mainly because of "bad press" on the other board.
I took a chance with gerbi and that didn't turn out very good this week (see other post)

Funny that this subject should come up just now. I was expecting a shipment from FB for flowers for two small weddings this weekend. Only one box out of five arrived yesterday. I worried and fretted all day waiting for the other 4. They arrived this morning, and, after cutting them in, the actually look pretty good. In fact, they look much, much better than the flowers which I ordered yesterday from local wholesalers. My back up plan was to order from the local wholesalers. Thank goodness I did not have to depend on their flowers after all. We order almost everything from FlowerBuyer, and we have mostly been pleased with everything. We usually have our flowers sent by air and we pick them up at the airport, but with the 4th of July holiday, we were expecting a small week, so I ordered on our FedEx account with FB since the shipping charges work out better that way when only ordering 5 boxes or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.