Status
Not open for further replies.

daflowerdude

Oct 12, 2004
Franklin
www.gardendelights.citymax.com
State / Prov
TN
Ok... I Am Looking For A Quick And Easy Way To Provide A Water Source For My Wrapped Bouquets (for Delivery's Sake Not Cash And Carry.)
I Thought I Saw Something That Looked Like A Large Gauze Type Bandage Or A Diaper (crude Examples) But I Can't Seem To Locate It. We Have Water Pics, But Use Flospacs (awesome Product) As Often As Possible. My Customers (especially Website) Are Asking For Wrapped Bouquets More And More. Any Tips Or Tool Suggestions Would Be Great!
Thanks

We Use Small Oasis Blocks

We save the trimmings from oasis in a dishpan, and use them with flower sleaves which are sealed at the bottom for our wrapped flowers. Several different sizes of bags are available from single rose to large bouquets which hold a multitude of stems. The bags that are one side clear and one side silver make an outstanding presentation when a ribbon is added around the bag above the oasis and below the foliage.
:balsmile:

The bags don't leak?

AKIKO'S said:
We save the trimmings from oasis in a dishpan, and use them with flower sleaves which are sealed at the bottom for our wrapped flowers. Several different sizes of bags are available from single rose to large bouquets which hold a multitude of stems. The bags that are one side clear and one side silver make an outstanding presentation when a ribbon is added around the bag above the oasis and below the foliage.
:balsmile:

The bags don't leak? Had been thinking of doing something similar but was afraid the oasis would make a mess for the customer?
:tread:

I called Charlie Moore from the Moore Box Company in Dayton OH and inquired about such a product since his company makes the "wet pack" which are used for Boxed flowers and He was going to look into the idea and thought it was a very good request.

P.S. I told him about how this conversation started on the flowerchat board! Hope to have another member visit us.

Our Bags Don't Leak

virginia_Bob said:
The bags don't leak? Had been thinking of doing something similar but was afraid the oasis would make a mess for the customer?
:tread:

We haven't had a problem. The bags are tear away bags on a hanger and are labled " FRESH FLOWER BOUQUET BAGS" I'm not sure but I think Akiko gets them from Sindicate Sales. :balsmile:

Designer Dispatch sells an item that we have found useful. It is called the Flora Fuente Flexible Vase. It uses a plastic cone and waterproof paper/plastic, the latter of which comes on rolls. We have only used it with hand tied bouquets because the stems help support the bouquet.

www.designerdispatch.com

Connie Baker said:
Designer Dispatch sells an item that we have found useful. It is called the Flora Fuente Flexible Vase. It uses a plastic cone and waterproof paper/plastic, the latter of which comes on rolls. We have only used it with hand tied bouquets because the stems help support the bouquet.

www.designerdispatch.com

Cello works the same way with hand-tieds. At least that's been my experience.

V

Connie Baker said:

www.designerdispatch.com

thank you connie... a good lead too...So many products out there that my local wholesalers either don't tell me about or don't carry....

We speacialize in hand tied wraps and sell a lot. We call them European Poseys, to add the flair. When my wife and I studied in Europe, these flower stands would be all over the place with these grab and go bouquets. It is what inspired us.

We go for the more natural look(butcher paper brown or white)and not use cellophane. It really stands out and is more classy imo. Plus customers are used to getting cellophane from the grocery stores and we try to position ourselevs far from those guys and find a niche. (I am a long way from knowing anything, but in my humble opinion, I think florists should go in the opposite direction when it comes to what your local grocery store is doing - just my 2 cents)

We tie it with Cecil twine, put a sticker on the wrap with our logo and place flower food down in the wrap wth our name/logo too.

We don't put the flowers in anything... no water... we do educated the customer on how to re-cut the stems, etc... If it is extreamly hot, we will caution the customer about keeping it cool and to get into water fast. If we are out on delivaries, we have a vase or short bucket we put them in.

We never get a complaint about the flowers dieing and our customers don't mind cutting the stems and placing them in a vase.

I know all of our niches are different and I'm not saying I have the answer, just passing on what we do. :)

Another thing we do, is I set up on the back of our business cards 6 flowers across the back. I call It our Frequent Flower Miles. Everytime someone comes in and buys one fo them, we stamp their card. 6 stamps = a free hand tied bouqet = to $15. This has helped our business and is a great idea if you have a lot of walk by traffic. Make it convienit, fun and give them an incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.