Wrist Corsage Pictures

LOTAKIDS

Jun 1, 2008
Monroe
www.flowersbykarenonline.com
State / Prov
WA
Well, we have a wedding picture thread, a sympathy thread, and an everyday... so I thougth I would start a wrist corsage thread to share pictures of the little masterpieces that we make...

Here are pictures of two from homecoming today... will have more next week.. The second one is Kayla's my sons girlfriend.

Attachments

• Calla Wrist Corsage Web.jpg
    Calla Wrist Corsage Web.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Kayla's wrist corsage Web.jpg
    Kayla's wrist corsage Web.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 202
Keren, what are the little white flowers in the first picture? Very nice, I like the curly wire with the rhinestone on it.

Trish - The little flower used in that picture is a variety of ORNITHOGALUM - commonly refered to Star of Bethlehem, chincherechee, or Arab's eyes.

Reactions: LOTAKIDS
Are those mini calla, or standards?

The base for the one with two calla's is the Lady Fair underpants elastic (The customer picked the band and the design ($35.00)and loved it!!) .... and the one with the 3 calla's was the Fitz Queen Bee in black.

I used miniture calla's from Canada... they are even a tad smaller than the CA miniture Callas.

Thank you for all of your comments.. I hope to take pictures of next weekends. We have the young people coming in with their dresses and tell us to do our thing and surprise them.... We love it!

Very nice......however in this area, I would be seriously scolded for making something that large.

I know the two calla lily looks large, it's pictured on my skinny 11 year olds wrist. It wasn't as big as the picture makes it to be. The callas were on the smaller side and I was worried because it didn't look like the $35.00 I charged but the callas were $3.00 each wholesale.

Most don't want real big here either, but one girl my son went with.. her mother bought her one and so did her date and she wore both.. It made my 3 calla look small, but then mine was art and here were puffs of ribbon with a few flowers.

love the pics. did you just cut the calla short and glue it in? we never use them because i didn't know how to attach them to wristlet.

We try to stay away from one directional flowers like callas, because you always end up looking op the "hiney" end of it at some point. hehe!

Would be gorgeous as a corsage. Mini Callas at 3.00 wholesale ...your $35.00 was well represented. We get 45.00 all the time for a 3 rose, 2 bow, flash of some kind on elastic. They love them!

I love these , they show what should be done. I can't stand traditional wrist corsages. They should be mini creations just like your . The standard ones of roses, ribbon, and gyp just leave me cold. I would prefer to use one or two more choice flowers like phalanopsis or mini cymbidiums and unusual foliage with some other detailing like wire and pearls or diamante.

Trish - The little flower used in that picture is a variety of ORNITHOGALUM - commonly refered to Star of Bethlehem, chincherechee, or Arab's eyes.
I want to add to this comment Ricky made.

There are 2 kinds of ornithogalum that I know of

"star of Bethlehem" is the "thyrsoides" variety..that is not what is pictured in the corsage.

"snake eyes" or "arab eyes" which is "arabicum" variety, is what is in the picture.

HTH!

We try to stay away from one directional flowers like callas, because you always end up looking op the "hiney" end of it at some point. hehe!

I tried to enhance the "hiney" with the stars.... and Euc. with the two calla wristlet..

On the 3 calla, she had one up her arm to look at. I made black beads with wire to help add interest on the wristlet and enhance the design.

Yes, they make lovely corsages too!!! I would have charged about 65.00 for the 3 mini wristlet as it was on an expensive band from fitz.

I want to add to this comment Ricky made.

There are 2 kinds of ornithogalum that I know of

"star of Bethlehem" is the "thyrsoides" variety..that is not what is pictured in the corsage.

"snake eyes" or "arab eyes" which is "arabicum" variety, is what is in the picture.

HTH!

Thanks Shannon. I knew it was Ornithogalum, but was not sure which species/variety. Now, to add to this, I have seen and read descriptions and pictures, of a yellow/orange variety of ornithogalum......but have never used it or seen it real.....so I am not sure if it is bred that color or dyed the yellow/orange color.

I do know that both species/varieties are extremely long lasting flowers.