Status
Not open for further replies.

alisonm1215

Oct 25, 2008
Pflugerville-Austin
www.flowerchilddesign.com
State / Prov
TX
Did anyone get this postcard in the mail last month?

The site sells cheap templates for a $150 a year and really promotes Locate-A-Flower-Shop.com

So I mosey over to locate a flower shop http://www.locateaflowershop.com/search_results.asp and find a link to my shop and click on it and it is not my site, but what looks like a fully functional e-commerce site using my name
http://www.flowershopsofamerica.com/0001index.aspx?memberid=594679

OK, I never paid for or authorized this. I don't even know what to do about this.
Has this happened to any of you?

I believe that is one of their "free" sites, but I didn't think they just handed them out without permission / authorization. I'd be on the phone in a skinny minute about that. Someone in a town nearby has one of them also ..... do you advertise with them? Maybe it's an "upgrade", but I'd give it right back to them.

Sneaky @@@@, that.

good luck -

Reactions: bloomz
I checked my locals... these paid for ads *used* to link to their own Ecom sites, but now appear to go to another site for purchasing.

Have you ran a purchase to see what happens with the gig?

I'd demand removal of my information if it was me... be sure to invite them to join us here to explain!

Update. I received this email from them this morning. check out the time stamp. They must me lurking here already. I've gotta kick out a lot of orders today and a couple of weddings this weekend, so I'll let you know what I find out.
A friend did call last evening and told me that she just found out that FS was giving these out for free, but hasn't received any orders.
I just don't don't want it to mess with my SEO real estate or take away from local biz.

Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:59 PM

"Locate-A-Flower-Shop.com (Web Sites)" <[email protected]>

To:
[email protected]

It has come to our attention that you have a question about the web site / ad on Locate-A-Flower-Shop.com that features your store. This web site / ad is provided to you by Floral Source International (FSI) as part of your membership with them.

In the event that you do not wish to participate in their program. you should contact Christina Smith at FSI ([email protected]) and she will have it removed.

Locate-A-Flower-Shop.com is an independent vendor of various services for real, local florists. We are not affiliated with FSI, FTD, Teleflora or any other company.

Locate-A-Flower-Shop.com

What a load of BS. They ask you your permission after the fact? Do they think you are that simple? Seriously... why is our industry so behind and sneaky? These corps run old business models and methods that will surely leave them in the dust.

Let me get this straight... they put up a e-commerce site, gather the order and then send to you or another shop in the town?

FSN OGing (gathering orders) for you is great! But if they are being deceitful, then being a dOG is not so great.

p.s. Pflugerville ? Wow, cool name. Sounds like something I'd say after a few beers. Ok.. only one. :( :)

It's their free sites - that you can sign on for for a monthly fee if you want the orders at 100% - if not I do believe the orders will come to you at 73% (could be wrong cuz I opted out immediately) .

I was cheesed when I discovered a site with my name on it without my permission.

Hmmmm...

I went to locateaflowershop.com, searched for my zip, found my shop, clicked on the website button...

And...

Landed on my own website!

Is it possible that those landing on fonie sites may have neglected to fill the registration form out correctly?

Like FSN, I have been with locateaflowershop for many years. as is true with the results with FSN, my dollars per visit figures are MUCH higher than from most other sources.

Bill

I went to locate a flowershop.com and lo and behold... there we were... so I went through the whole process and ordered an arrangement to be delivered to my son...I am anxious to see what happens and I will be on the phone post haste to get this corrected...Thanks for the post...I'll let you know what happens
Becky

well update...I received a fax from floral source..for the order to go to my son...I am going to call floral source and cancel the order and I will contact that email to get this bogus site down...
Thanks again
Becky

lol FloralSource is like 15 min away from me. I'll drive over there and give John a wedgie myself! :)

Reactions: boots12313
I am out of floral source....they are taking down the site and they have refunded my credit card....what a bunch of bull.. they tried to tell me I knew about the site..then they had the nerve to tell me if I up graded the site I would get 100% of the orders...I laughed...wedgie for me Dazeal
Becky

So I did remember right - it comes in at a discount unless you buy the site.

It's really not a bad idea at all - they just shouldn't do it without full awareness of the florists "receiving" the sites.

In other words it should be opt in vs opt out.

Wonder how many don't even know if a FSI order comes into their shop, if it came from "their own" site?

Wonder how many don't even know they have one?

Reactions: mikec and BOSS
So I did remember right - it comes in at a discount unless you buy the site.

It's really not a bad idea at all - they just shouldn't do it without full awareness of the florists "receiving" the sites.

In other words it should be opt in vs opt out.

Wonder how many don't even know if a FSI order comes into their shop, if it came from "their own" site?

Wonder how many don't even know they have one?

you were right bloomz and It made me mad to think they can do this without my permission...it is not even a nice site...
Becky

I ordered a $40.00 arrangement they added a $5.00 delivery fee...They did not charge me tax which I found interesting...When I got the fax it said Flower arrangement in the amount of $45.00 which includes delivery.
Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.