Yahoo Local in Canada

Does anyone have experience in posting listings in Yahoo Local for businesses located in Canada? I have completed the listing information on the Yahoo Local webpage, but when I get to the address item, there is only provision for US states and ZIP codes. When I enter a Canadian postal code and click on "Submit" the listing is refused and an error message comes up stating that I have to provide a valid State and ZIP code. I have been unable to locate any registration page where I can post information for a Canadian address. It must be possible to add listings because some other local businesses are listed with map locations in searches that include our community as a keyword. However, I can't figure out how they got there. I've run into exactly the same problem with Bing. But I can add a listing in Google Local without any problem. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

John Frecker
Holland Nurseries
401 Torbay Road
St. John's NL

John,

As far as I know, Yahoo! Local data is just pulled from the phone book data. They don't accept direct submissions.

And they wonder why their business is failing ...

tis true John....Google seems to be the one major engine that permits self generated search info...the "others" are gleaned from online and notably, paper sources....without any input from you, even if it's incorrect

Reactions: holland1