Yahoo! stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFT

Jan 3, 2009
Saratoga Springs
State / Prov
New York
I have a speck of advise for all florists on FC...Ask your customers and especially brides to write short reviews on Yahoo! local. It is great since the review show when anyone finds your shop on a local floral business search. Attach a "write us a review" on any emails you send out or on your delivery tags. lead the customer to the direct link , they will reward you at the end. I just say "write us a review on Yahoo! local or Google. It works every time.
good luck.
mft

Great advice on the yahoo local reviews.

We just hit 50 reviews last night!!!

Yahoo PPC is very difficult to manage and if anyone is looking for some advice on how to control where your ads show up shoot me over a PM.

Targeting very specific keywords is a must and staying away from general search terms is very important. Yahoo search network completely sucks and you are better off targeting yahoo only. There are tons of websites targeting keywords with the only intention of clicking on the ads. Montor your website stats including access logs and unless you havent'y done it yet try using the google analytics and if you can use Yahoo's new analytics.

Yahoo store owners I can really give you some great advice on how to use the yahoo analytics. Such as customizing the code to work better with your reports.

This is a great idea. Thanks!

HELP!!

I couldn't find a thread on this in FC, so I will ask it here:

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change our physical address in the Yahoo Directory listing. Can anyone give me instructions that make sense?

Thank you in advance.

Change of address

LOOK UP YOUR SHOP ON YAHOO BY CITY/FLORIST. there should be a tab that says "is this your business?" click on it and you can change the profile. You will have to register it, but it is worth it. We had a MAJOR error on one of your profiles. check yours out on yahoo and google.

Reactions: Dorothy
LOOK UP YOUR SHOP ON YAHOO BY CITY/FLORIST. there should be a tab that says "is this your business?" click on it and you can change the profile. You will have to register it, but it is worth it. We had a MAJOR error on one of your profiles. check yours out on yahoo and google.

Thank you. I did the search and got this result. At the bottom of the page it has "Save to My Web" "Add to Address Book" "Email to Friend" "Print"

I don't see "is this your business" anywhere.

I've got a registered account but it takes me to a sign up pages that costs $299. Also I found this article on Yahoo Search: http://www.thenetfool.com/free-guaranteed-yahoo-directory-listing/

I've updated the Google one - it was easy!

I STILL NEED HELP!

Attachments

• YahooSearch.jpg
    YahooSearch.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 8
New Trend

Well, we have had 131 reviews showing on Google thru mostly yahoo, city search, insider pages and superpages reviews. I have really worked hard on getting reviews through the past 3 years, and today i have 41 showing on google, because they no longer recognize yahoo, and I fell out of the top spot to 3rd in one day. Most of my business comes from google searches, so I was a little upset, so if you can get them to rate you on both, that might be the best. Google does still have citysearch, super pages and insider pages still showing

any suggestions on getting back up there?

Reactions: master J
Hey Dorthy.

It looks like yahoo canada works a little different then down here.

Anyone up there have any advice for Dorthy on how to claim your listing? It looks to me that its controled by yellow page group.

http://www.ypg.com/page.php/en

Not sure though.

Sorry I couldn't be more help dorthy.

Reactions: Dorothy
Hey Dorthy.

It looks like yahoo canada works a little different then down here.

Anyone up there have any advice for Dorthy on how to claim your listing? It looks to me that its controled by yellow page group.

http://www.ypg.com/page.php/en

Not sure though.

Sorry I couldn't be more help dorthy.

Thanks Eric. This is what I was thinking too. Funny thing is that YellowPages has all the right info, yet the Yahoo listing is outdated. I've sent a message to them so we'll see if I get a response. Did you have a look at that link I posted above? I'm curious to know what others think of the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.