Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 12, 2004
Victoria
www.mcadamsfloral.com
State / Prov
TX
....I think I know the answer to this, but I thought I would throw it out there for ones with more experience in this.

I am currently GREATLY reducing my Yellow Page ad, but I am wondering if my Yellowpage.com link is worth $39/month (was $25/month when I started with it) for the link.....SEO wise? As far as an local florist online Yellow Page listing, it is not worth jack as a local florist is paying to be at the top (they said if I commit to $263/month I could be placed at the top over Expressions), then the whole list of Order Gathers, then another local florist that pays $86/month with a logo on his online Yellow Page ad. Soooo, is there any "benefit" of the link worth $39/month for SEO and Search Engines? Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. Clay

Reactions: Dazeal
There is some indirect benefit from having the local citation in a recognized directory. Some studies have also shown a correlation between the placement of your IYP ad and the prominence in Google Maps, but nothing conclusive.

A big key will be tracking your referrals right through the ecommerce process. It's not enough to know if YP is sending you price shoppers - are they sending you customers? Do you have the stats or the means to support the answer?

Ryan

Reactions: clay
IYP citations (esp. YP.com and Superpages.com) can strongly influence a business' position in G Maps/Local.

IYPs can definitely create problems if they miscategorize the business (or if a black hat competitor manages to change your category).

IYP's can also remove business information from their feeds entirely (if a company gets into a contract dispute with them) and this can cause the G listing to drop in placement - sometimes substantially.

HTH

Reactions: clay
Status
Not open for further replies.