yet ANOTHER question.... Chocolate brown roses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonlovesflowers

Oct 16, 2007
Albuquerque
State / Prov
New Mexico
So yet another problem with a wedding I inherited...

Former owner promised chocolate brown antique rose...

Never heard of such a thing.

I went to sierraflowerfinder. saw nothing

looked at the Bliss selections, saw nothing

went to eufloria, saw nothing

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I feel like a newbie

This is probably not what you mean, but Leonidas are called chocolate roses.

Shannon - I think someone talked about this a while ago, Amy Stewart had blogged about a "brown rose". HERE but I don't think it's in commercial cut flower production yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Shannon - I think someone talked about this a while ago, Amy Stewart had blogged about a "brown rose". HERE but I don't think it's in commercial cut flower production yet.

Tracy beat me to it....man, I'm getting slow!!! :>

Reactions: 1 person
yeah, I know, but it's written "chocolate brown ANTIQUE rose." So

It will also have blue hydrangea and white phalen orchids.....

I want to cry......

Is it a spring wedding? Can you feign out of season, as they're only produced for autumn brides? Sorry Shannon - it stinks to inherit someone else's over-promises.

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
Shannon - for the sake of not wasting any more of your valuable time is it possible to call the former owner and ask what this antique rose is? Or is that a huge no no...
I know it may feel like I'm wasting everyones time, but alas, no. Why no? She don't have clue.

I have been talking to one of her designers (now our designers) and she said she'd do this often. She sold another wedding last year for peonies when peonies were not available. She sell things she didn't know how to make... a lot of things she didn't even know the name,,,, super funny one in particular for me was "blue plurim" that sort of thing....

she only owned the shop for less than a year... The totality of her floral career.

I'm not putting her down, these are just the facts.

I kinda feel sorry for her, because the person who she bought the shop from really did this woman a great disservice by not disclosing just how crazy this biz is. and how complicated it can be.

but now it's left to me to fix these crazy orders and my head hurts.

I called my suppliers last week and priced out a different bouquet that she had sold for $95 to see what it would actually cost... $414.00 was the cost and that was with only 30% labor. And only 3.5x mark up on the flowers and only if everything came in perfect.

I hope none of you are ever in this situation. It's pretty hard core.

Terra Nostra never really made it into full production from what I heard but I did randomly see it at our local wholesaler about 6 months ago. Laura from Mayesh (member: rosebeauty on this site, I think) sent me a really gorgeous brownish/ champagne rose recently but I didn't get the name. It looked like the froth on the top of a latte.

I know it may feel like I'm wasting everyones time...

No, you are not wasting our time - I didn't mean that at all. Sorry for any bad wording of my sentences. I just thought if you called the old owner it might clarify things but whoa I guess not - that's just horrible what she would promise to brides.

Well, if anyone can make these inherited brides happy, it's you.

Oh- I'm sorry, I just read it wrong...

You're sweet!

The thing that's the most sad is she really didn't know what she was promising... I'm sure she felt she was doing the right thing, It's the person who she bought the store from who makes me angry...

Google NIRP International (grower), there is a picture of the very brown rose Terra Nostra.

I also googled "Chocolate or Brown rose. Results showed a blog where bride used this rose. There were many comments about two thirds hated the idea. Said it looked dead or freeze dried. Some liked it.

The rose has beautiful form, it would certainly be the perfect rose for a neutral color scheme, or blues, or hot pinks.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn

Estelle is too red.

It has to be brown. Is this Terra Nostra brown like a uluhe or chocolate cosmo? Or like the center or a brown eye sunflower?.....

I saw the pic but it still looks red to me.

Shannon,

Sounds like you may need to meet with the bride and present to her what you CAN get. Have her make a choice. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.