yet ANOTHER question.... Chocolate brown roses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Estelle is too red.

It has to be brown. Is this Terra Nostra brown like a uluhe or chocolate cosmo? Or like the center or a brown eye sunflower?.....

I saw the pic but it still looks red to me.

Terra Nostra is the color of hot chocolate, not dark chocolate like fern curls. Here's a link to the enlarged image. As far as the "antique rose" part...that's a bit odd seeing as "antique" is usually used to classify a garden rose.

http://finebooks.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/brown_rose.jpg

If you can get a hold of Terra Nostra that would be what I would use because others like Leonidas or Terracotta are burnt orange - not brown.

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
Good point.. maybe meant "hot chocolate".. which is very different than "chocolate brown".

Now that's a brown rose. Looks like FC'ers score again. Now if you can get it.
Hope the Bride is happy, you sure have your work cut out for you, much luck!
You'll nail this for this bride.

brown rose

sorry.......but a lot of "to-do" about the ugliest rose I've ever seen !

it has absolutely no redeeming factors !
any bride who "has to have this " is a real nutso !

HAVE WE LOST ALL SENSE OF BEAUTY ?:bouncy:

sorry.......but a lot of "to-do" about the ugliest rose I've ever seen !

it has absolutely no redeeming factors !
any bride who "has to have this " is a real nutso !

HAVE WE LOST ALL SENSE OF BEAUTY ?:bouncy:
beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Personally I like the rose colour. It's restful and reflective. And if I were a latte person, that's what I would say the colour is.

V

I like brown flowers too. A LOT!

Sometimes I pull all the petals off of browneye sunflowers cause I like the brown and green.......pretty!

Oh- I'm sorry, I just read it wrong...

You're sweet!

The thing that's the most sad is she really didn't know what she was promising... I'm sure she felt she was doing the right thing, It's the person who she bought the store from who makes me angry...

Shannon,

As a business owner and possible seller one day, I would not tell any prospective buyer anything they did not ask....If someone came in here tomorrow with no experience at all and wanted to give me 60,000.00 for my biz and asked no questions, I would take the money and run not giving them any idea how crazy or difficult this biz is....I would only tell them if I was holdin a note or something like that...It is their responsibility to know what they are buying and what they are getting into not the sellers...it is only the sellers responsibility to disclose what is asked about...

well, Lori......

The former owner was "trained" (and I use that term loosely) by the original owner...
I know that the former owner did want the business to succeed.

There's a whole lot of people who sell their business and once they are done and walk away they don't care what happens to it. I think that's sad...for lack of a better word. Not necessarily wrong,,, just sad.

there is a spray rose that is called chocolate. it has a rather large head for being a spray rose and it really does look like a piece of chocolate candy.

the chocolate spray rose is called tiramisu...not very antique looking, but very beautiful.
Does this bride know the time you have put into finding this rose for her?
My hats off to you!!!

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
Hello Shannon, Here are a couple of pictures that may help. We tried growing Choco but we pulled it out a few months ago. We could not get it to perform for us.

cutflower_wholesale_flower_category.asp
Coffee Break
http://www.cutflower.com/pages/cutflower_wholesale_flower_category.asp?cat=41&var=4636&offset=0

cutflower_wholesale_flower_category.asp
TiraMisu
http://www.cutflower.com/pages/cutflower_wholesale_flower_category.asp?cat=51&var=3806&offset=60

I love the Tirimisu. My mind is visualising all manner of combinations.

V

There used to be one called Metellina that was a wonderful cafe latte antique rose. If you find it let me know!

I loved Metellina. It reminded me of antique aged paper. Too many couldn't see beyond the "it looks dead" perception.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.