Status
Not open for further replies.

parie

Feb 9, 2005
Amarillo, Texas
www.secretgardenfineflowers.com
State / Prov
Texas
BUT, need your help. Am designing wedding using large amounts of gyp, making HUGE altar arrangements of JUST gyp and need to know which variety is going to give me the most bang for the buck? Any suggestions, perfecta, new love or million star?
(have brought into my store oh... maybe 3 bunches in the last 10 years, and no, i'm not kidding, so I don't know gyp well enough to figure this out)
Thanks guys!
Parie

parie said:
BUT, need your help. Am designing wedding using large amounts of gyp, making HUGE altar arrangements of JUST gyp and need to know which variety is going to give me the most bang for the buck? Any suggestions, perfecta, new love or million star?
(have brought into my store oh... maybe 3 bunches in the last 10 years, and no, i'm not kidding, so I don't know gyp well enough to figure this out)
Thanks guys!
Parie

Ah.... no BB... I love it!

We're using New Love "today" but I like Million Star as well...

We're a shop that only uses BB by request, kinda like Carnations...so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as well....

i would stay away from prefecta and use million star or new love. I would bet the million star would be a better price.

*from the town where every one wants that baby breast, baby breff, white stuff, white weed etc.............

Parie, When bb is used the right way, it can make a beautiful statement. I love it when it's a solid look like you are selling. I would stick with million star and lots of it. Is the bridal bouquet solid bb as well?

thanks guys

...for all the info. And Beth, no on the bouquet, but I have a GREAT!!! new source and ideas for crystal beading. Hey Beth call me, also want to give you & anyone else some options on some beautiful linens we just had made for our last big shabang! 806-373-6613

and while everyone's being so helpful, about how many bunches would you suggest for an approx. 4x6 "dome" of gyp in large urns?

parie said:
and while everyone's being so helpful, about how many bunches would you suggest for an approx. 4x6 "dome" of gyp in large urns?
Assuming 4x6 feet...maybe 10-15 bunches per, depending on how "thick" you need it...

My suggestion would be New Love. The blooms are larger than Million Star, so they would make a showy presentation without having to use as many stems as with Million Star. That is, unless you want a daintier look with the smaller blooms.

Ok just my experience - new love breaks easy !! The blossoms may be a bit bigger but million star holds up nicer. And bunched together it would make a beautiful , fuller arrangement.

I would stay away from new love ! You will notice a price difference as well.

FYI - buy it direct - the wholesalers will charge way to much !

Status
Not open for further replies.